“nice people, bare necessities, but decent.”
Review of Dalton Inn

and 1 more site!
Dalton Inn
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Golden Isles of Georgia, Georgia
“nice people, bare necessities, but decent.”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

very large rooms. first floor has french doors leading to patio. difficult to find the entrance road, though. coming off exit 336, when you turn on to Shugart Road from the bypass, it's IMMEDIATELY on the right. the road dips down a hill, so it's hard to see. if all else fails, drive through the car lot. safer that way, anyway.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Decatrur, AL
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I stay here three days a week every week and i like it. I have no complaints. For the price there is no better place to stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Room was old and worn, sink counter was painted, but felt clean. We skipped 'breakfast' of unappealing donuts and cereal. There was no tea or hot water for tea. It was reasonable so we couldn't really complain.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Palm Coast, FL
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed here on July 17th, 2008 on our way to FL from MI. It was very nice and clean. Pet friendly and kid friendly. My husband and I stayed with our two kids under 3 years old. We were on the ground floor and had the patio door right out to our vehicle which was very nice for loading and unloading (especially with the two toddlers). Everything was very clean, the king size bed was nice. The TV was above average and the bathroom was clean (the yellow was a little flashy, lol). Anyway, my only complaint was that the laundry room was under-maintained, it was dirty and the washer and dryer were outdated but hey, at least we had clean clothes :) Very Very nice place for the $35-$40 it cost us! Will definitely return to this hotel if we are ever in the area again.

• Liked — The cleanliness, patio door access, and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Outdated laundry facility.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We called in and booked the Econolodge off GPS around 5 PM
and arrived around 830 pm. On this exit all the older -rundown
hotels are found. Going down to the next exit towards Atlanta
you'll find the newer ones. At 3 am someone attempted to enter
our room-the deadbolt arm only allowed them to open it about
an inch-of course the noise woke me-I quickly threw on gym shorts and went into the hall-checked the doors going to the
parking lot which I might add are always left open on both sides
of the hotel-you would not need a pass card to get in. I started
to head towards the front desk when a young couple turned the
corner and headed towards me- I asked- did you see anyone in
the hallway-someone just tryed to get into my room-the man
stated he had tryed and that the front desk had given him the wrong room. I went back to bed till 5 am since I had only had
5 hrs the night before. When we left at 6 am I asked the clerk
if he had been on duty all night and I didn't appreciate him giving the guy and woman the wrong room- he stated his last check in
was 1 am. OK- 2 things. Some one has a means to enter freely into any room here at this hotel and more than likely I was going to be robbed. The clerks story doesn't match the scene. Were
these 2 people looking for an open room to spend the night free or was the clerk in error. Don't know-Don't care- won't ever be
back and hope that hotel loves this true trip adviser warning.
PS- Econolodge corp will get a copy of this event.
You'd be better off spending a few $$$ and heading towards
Atlanta 2 miles to next exit for the newer built hotels.

Stayed July 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Terrible experience - hotel is right on the highway - kept awake by truck noise as well as the kids screaming in the room next door - the walls were paper thin. We had to switch rooms because our non-smoking room reeked of smoke. The bathroom doors in both rooms were filthy on the inside. The hotel looks cute from the highway but when you get there there are crumbling sidewalks, a grocery cart with boxes and trash next to a door. Very unkempt. The front desk person who checked us in was very nice, but the woman who worked the "breakfast" was rude. I would recommend skipping this one.

• Disliked — noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midwest
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We checked in late on the way back from FL. As we walked to our rooms, several doors were open with people partying with pot and beer in the hallway at 12:30AM. The room was barely clean, and the bathroom was the size of a phone booth. We did not feel safe. When I went to the desk to get my money back, the owner never asked a question because he knew what was going on. The owners get to choose how to run their business, and clearly they would rather have several rooms rented to the partiers than to my family.

• Liked — location convienient
  • Disliked — the way it was run and maintained
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family