“couldn't ask for more”

Hilton Garden Inn Dalton
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Reviews from Trip Advisor looked good so we booked this on-line and were very happy with our choice. After traveling 12 hours from Michigan on our way to Florida and arriving after midnight, we were thrilled with this hotel. Staff were extremely friendly, check-in was a breeze and the room was roomy, clean, and modern. Beds were amazingly comfortable, choice of firm or soft pillows a plus and the modern/upgraded features made it seem like we were in a much 'fancier' hotel. My teen girls were very impressed and did not have 1 complaint! That is saying a lot for teenage girls who have been in the car for a long time and had to get up early the next AM!! Everything you need and more in a very clean and friendly environment right off of 75. What more could you ask for??

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 18, 2010

The hotel is new and I found it to be extremely clean, comfortable and quite. Had no bad experiences with management, day or night. The desk staff was very helpful; we needed an early check-in due to our travel schedules and we were accommodated with no problem. We had three suites and all were very nice. Beds are comfortable (better than most hotels) and you are provided with a choice of firm or soft pillows in each room.

Indoor pool and hot tub is very nice. There is an onsite restaurant that is good (breakfast was perfect and reasonably priced). Bar is nice and staff is friendly. Close to shopping and a Red Lobster as well. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2010

We stayed in Dalton on the way to and from FL from Michigan. We stayed at Holiday Inn on the way to and were very satisfied. We all slept well. The hotel is new and modern and clean. The variety of pillows is a nice touch. The pool was clean and warm. On the way home we stayed somewhere else because of the lower rate and we regretted it. There was a lot of highway noise at the other hotel that we didn't notice at Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jojomagic
Reviewed March 6, 2010

The Holiday Inn and Suites in Dalton, Ga is a beautiful new building with all the amenities you could ask for. On site restaurant, free parking, indoor pool, ect. The rooms are equiped with almost everything microwave, fridge, coffee maker and coffee, large 42' tv. I enjoyed my experience and would recommend the hotel to anyone!
I would Not reccommend this hotel if you are on a budget and looking for an overnight location to rest a while. It seemed as though everytime I turned around they were billing me for something. Well, I guess for such luxury it's not cheap.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Kuntrygirl123
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed at this hotel after a weary car ride down from Wisconsin. After checking in with an inexperienced night auditor we went to our room - it was nice - but that's to be expected from a new hotel . . . I went back down to pick up my glasses from the car and when I came back the doors were locked, I was let in finally and the night auditor lady "Heather" said there is a strange man in the parking lot wandering around she saw him on camera. I told her well call the police and let them deal with it and went to bed. Everything went fine until 6AM - when my door was being opened, I had the door latch engaged that only allowed it to open a few inches. The door was being opened a clearly disturbed or inebriated guest was pounding on my door and trying to get in. I was awakened to this terrifying sound - and got defensive thinking I was going to be assaulted - I called the front desk and reported this - the night auditor lady just said "sorry, I sent him to the wrong room" in a laughing voice. I did not think this was funny at all. When I addressed this with management they told me that "they are not responsible for the actions of their guests." I can assure you if that person was not sent to my door I would not be writing this. The hotel failed at rule #1 - SAFETY.

This is typical of the Holiday Inn Brand, I know I'm a Priority Club Platinum - stay at the Courtyard down the street - I'm also a Marriott Platinum, they will take care of you and certainly won't send intoxicated strangers to your door while you're sleeping.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jfpalias
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Dalton, GA is halfway between Michigan and Florida, so we stopped at the Holiday Inn there. Surprise! The hotel has been completely rebuilt and is modern, clean, and tastefully decorated. Every amenity we needed was there; free wireless internet, cordless phones, nice refrigerator and mocrowave. Stopped there on the way down to Florida, and again on the way back. Both times, we had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, Kem's. Excellent food, great service, and generous drinks from the bar. Good coffee, too.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This hotel is wonderful in both its design and hospitality offered by the staff. Everything is immaculate and the customer is number one. We found the restaurant staff extremely friendly and the food to be excellent. How nice to have a beautiful restaurant on site.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple