“No sleep!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Dalton
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Had to leave air off all night due to very loud shaking unit. We stopped on our wat to Fl., but only slept 30 mins. Management offered no apologies if discount. For a fairly new hotel & price, we deserved better.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank McHones
daltonholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

I sincerely apologize for any noise issues you may have encountered during your stay with us. I assure you that this is an isolated incident in our guest rooms. If you will be in our area in the future, I personally will inspect your room pre-arrival, so you may be assured there will not be any noise concerns from a heating/cooling system.

Kris Richner

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Room reeked of smoke and the front desk refused to change us to another room without a $50 upgrade. The hotel was clearly not full, and their website still had non-smoking rooms for sale, but they claimed all were full and would not move us. Very rude and unhelpful.

The general manager, Gautam Nanda, was extremely rude to us. When we told him the website still had non-smoking rooms available, he said, "Well, I suggest you book it, then." Unacceptable.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Atmcd
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is my first time here and I was really pleasantly surprised! I don't think I have ever been to a nicer Holiday Inn. The lobby area is really upscale and more like a higher end hotel. The rooms were very clean and look very new. Good sized bathroom, very comfy beds and choice of firm or soft pillows (love that!), outlets right next to the bed which is something I hardly ever find and need all the time, other outlets were also scattered around the room too which was nice to see. It's a real plus to me to have a microwave and fridge in the room, especially for this price. I typically don't eat much breakfast so I can't comment on that. Oh, here's a big thing! The fan is very quiet so I could barely hear the air conditioning, unlike many hotels that blow so loud you can hardly fall asleep! I highly recommend this place and will be back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just left this morning on our way back home from vacation. This hotel is beautiful, the pool is amazing but there were a few things that really put us off. First, the staff were all like zombies - no expression, almost rude like - includes the 2 at the front desk we encountered and the 2 in the restaurant we dealt with. The waitresses almost acted like it was a chore to deal with us. So much for southern hospitality! Guess you have to go further south for that. Second was the hours of the pool and restaurant. The pool closed at 10 - all other holiday inns we stayed at were open till 11 pm. When we came in from the pool the bar had already closed - really? For breakfast the restaurant closed at 9:30 - on a Sunday? Really? When we checked out the zombie at the front desk asked how our stay was. we complained about the restaurant being closed so early for breakfast and his response was they only "have" to be open for 3 hours and they were open at 6. Good lord some people are on vacation and don't get up at the crack of dawn to eat breakfast. Get new management and employees and you would have an amazing hotel to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank drmickeym
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were so suprised when we entered the lobby. So modern and chic. The restaurant was fab. Food was great.
We never eat in hotel restaurants but decided to try this one. We were not disappointed at all. Prices we good too.
Loved the room and great bed. Loved having the walk in shower.
The grounds were clean and the bar was a great asset too. We would definitely stay here again:)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were passing through from Ohio to Florida. Found this hotel on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint! We just needed a place to crash, so I cannot judge on anything other than lobby and room, but it was very spacious and very clean! It was so modern, too. Very nicely decorated...bathroom glass shower was immaculate. Just beautiful. Room was around $100 for a 2-bed room. Would DEFINITELY stay here again. Did I mention it was CLEAN?! ;)

Room Tip: I mentioned AAA rate over the phone and it knocked $10 off our price.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

my family were in Dalton for my sons wedding on 15th june. the hotel was very clean and friendly staff especially penny who has time for your every need and nothings a bother.we all hope to come back for another visit and thank y,all

Room Tip: the rooms were large and lovely
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family