“Impressed”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Chicago, Ill
“Impressed”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

After a long day of driving, this stop was perfect. The hotel was clean and modern and welcoming. Breakfast was not included in the price, but I wasn't too sad considering no one does a good free breakfast. I would stay here again, considering the desk clerk happily reminded us they were "halfway between here and there."

• Stayed December 2012
daltonholidayinn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and we're pleased that you had a pleasant stay. We understand how weary traveling can be, and we are proud to have been your choice. We hope to see you again, as Dalton truly is a Halfway Mark for many of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed November 16, 2012

After traveling for 8 hrs, I went to try to get a room at 8 pm at night as they had a restaurant/lounge. I couldn't find anyone at the desk and waited about 5 minutes, finally going to bar. The bar attendant did round up the clerk who finally said "her blood sugar dropped" so she was in the kitchen. She certainly didn't act like she felt like dealing with customers. The rate was for a King was $129 w/ a senior discount and I negotiated down to $109. However, I was holding a coupon for $53 at the Quality in next door so we opted to go there and then walked over to the restaurant. We waited a while before the server finally said to "Seat ourselves...he was working the restaurant and doing room service"! We sat in the bar and was served quickly, the food was VERY good, good portions. The bartender, blonde, older lady was great. They do need to upgrade their olives for the martini's. You should never skimp on martini olives! If I was going to stay a weak, I would consider this. There were several other restaurants in walking distance. Pool looked good and exercise room. Just don't be in a hurry!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Checked in at 9:30 at night with 3 kids under the age of 4 and needed a crib for infant. After 10 hours on the road we were ready for sleep. I was told we had to wait until another worker came for us to receive crib. I called again at 1030 and was told they would be here at 1100. Finally at 1130 I went to front desk (and new worker was there.) we were told they didn't know anything about it. Luckily she was very helpful. When I then complained in the morning-the sales director was very unsympathetic. Would never recommend. We own a small motel in Indiana and this is certainly not how we treat our customers. How disappointing for the service industry...I convinced my spouse to stay here although the rate was higher based in the excellent reviews. We will go back to staying at Comfort Inn-better service and cheaper rates.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Jnlannan
daltonholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I would like to apologize for the delay in receiving your crib. I assure you this was an isolated incident. We strive on a daily basis to provide superior accommodations, as well as excellent service. The Hotel would like to note that in response to your inconvenience, a sincere apology as well as complimentary breakfast from the restaurant menu was given for three adults. I would like to thank you for your review, as we want our delivery times for guest requests to be as timely as possible. I certainly hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kris Richner
A.G.M.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a business trip. He has stayed at Hampton Inn's forever. I convinced him to stay at the Holiday inn, the only thing we put up a fuss about was no free breakfast. If they want to get this kind of business from the company he works for, they must provide that. That's the only reason they didn't get 5 stars . Otherwise it was wonderful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This Hotel shocked me. We got stuck at a real low price, lo service no frill hotel in this same immediate vicinity, due to a convention and I could not get in the Holiday Inn. I have a baby girl, 7, and we love indoor pooling together. Well, we asked the director of the convention to let them know our situation, and I was not going to stay in the dump across the street so we were prepared to drive to the next higher rated hotel 30 minutes north. The manager called me personally, said he was sold out, but saved a handicapped room and we did not take that as I am sure it would be needed for a real vet in need. Never the less he kept our number called me again, there was a last minute cancellation, we got in and the rest is history.

The room, oh goodness, this should be labeled a resort or holidome. S nice so roomy. The pool was as much art as function and there were so many kids playing and a very large warm sauna that sat at least 25. The gym was perfect and the on sight resteraunts, was really crowded as I could tell other folks coming n to enjoy dinner, too. Breakfast - just so great. I do not like buffets and that had some self serve gorging food, but plenty variety if made to order omlettes, eggs and a huge fruit tropical explosion.

The best part is, we met and knew three of the workers there plus the manager cuz I had to go back and tell him how much we love this place. The rate for price is moderate for tgcarea but with AAA, VET or Priority Club it's the SAME AS A QUICK BIZ HOTEL!!

Can't believe it, Proof: I drive a LOT in my car m-f for work. This hotel is really not too far frm my home, about an hour. Twic this year already not counting he convention, we have called ahead and taken long weekend resorts, leave the stuff at home, and head out and explore Dalton, Tunnell Hill, Chattsworth so beautifully evolving Chattanooga. Each city is 10-15 min drive and we come back and say n paradise. My kid rate all hotels to this on, that's the hard part.

If your trying to run hru for biz, fork over another $15 and say here instead. Swear I don't work there folks, but his hotel has changed my thinking on hotels everywhere!

Vinny

Room Tip: The elevators are n the middle of he halls not the ends so there is a bit of noise at 1am with peopl...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We recently attended a wedding in Dalton and stayed at the Dalton Holiday Inn. The hotel exceeded our expectations. It was fairly new and very clean and modern. Check in and check out was smooth and fast. The lobby is large and has several seating areas to hang out and/or meet with friends or other guests. The room was a good size, very clean and comfortable. There is free wifi. It was easy to print our return trip boarding passes at the business center, which includes a couple of computers and a printer. The one negative is that it was so hot and stuffy (and with a strong smell of chlorine) that we were not able to stay in there. The hotel is located just off I-75 in a cluster of other hotels and restaurants and close by shopping areas and downtown Dalton. Dalton College is located just down the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in this beautifully decorated hotel! Kids eat free in the restaurant. The indoor pool and spa pool are beautiful. Everything was so clean....really pleasant stay! Will definitely stop back!

• Stayed July 2012