“Best hotel in Daltom” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Dalton
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
“Best hotel in Daltom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

We had originally been booked at another hotel in Dalton, unfortunately we found bugs under the mattress (we always check no matter how clean). We immediately left and and booked at this hotel on spot. The hotel is very new and extremely clean. The staff was helpful in every respect and if I come back to GA this is where I'm staying!

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

We found this place as a half way point from Chicago to Florida. It was right off highway 75, easy to find. Check in was very easy and the front desk lady was nice. The hotel was very clean. The room was big and modern. We had 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa. The kids saw the pool and wanted to swim right away. The pool area was clean and pool large and large hot tub. The kids were disappointed once they got in, it was a salt water pool and the hot tub wasn't to hot and had a funny smell. They didn't stay in long. Called the front desk to get extra towels, pillows and a blanket for the pull out couch. They said they could help me with the towel but not pillows or blanket since house keeping was gone for the night and they had no access to it. They did bring us towels and they found 2 pillows but no blanket. The beds were a little hard for my liking. The couch bed you cod feel the springs through. The bathroom was large and modern and had the best water pressure at any hotel I have ever stayed at. All in all it was a clean and nice hotel. It was a little pricey for a one night stay.

• Stayed June 2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

We are driving to Florida from a Chicago suburb, so this was kind of a half way point. Check in was super easy and the front desk lady was very friendly. The hotel is very nice and clean. The room was very big and clean. The kids couldn't wait to go swimming, the pool was large and the hot tub was big. The kids were a little disappointed because it was a salt water pool and the hot tub was cold and they said it smelled funny. The shower in the room had the best water pressure. Bathroom very modern, was lacking Kleenex. Called front desk to ask for extra towels, pillows and a blanket for the pull out couch. They informed me they could only give us towels because housecleaning was gone for the night and all the blankets and pillows were gone and they don't have access to them. They brought the towels up and had 2 pillows. The beds were pretty hard for my liking and the pull out couch you could feel the springs. All in all it was a very clean hotel and if I was driving through I would probably stay again. It was a little pricey for one night stay.

• Stayed June 2011
Bay City, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

This was one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed at. My husband, two children and I were passing through headed to Florida and we seen this beautiful hotel. We checked in, even though it was too pricey. We ate in the restaurant located in the hotel, which you had to pay for. The food was horrible, as well as the service. Not to mention, there is a bar connected to the restaurant and with two younger children we weren't pleased with all the cursing and yelling that we heard from the bar. I explained to the general manager of the hotel that we weren't pleased with that at all and all he could say was "it's not my problem." If you ask me, it was his problem he could have walked up to them and politely asked them to lower their voices. Finally, we headed up to our room for the night and we were in a king suite, there were no blankets, sheets, or pillows for the pull out couch. I called down to the front desk and asked them to send some up, the lady on the phone was nice, but you can tell she was irritated and said she would have them right up in ten minutes. Twenty minutes went by, and we still haven't recieved our blankets. Again, I called the front desk and she said we would have to wait...they were extremely busy. Why wouldn't the housekeepers put them in the room while cleaning them??? By then it was eleven and we had put our children in our bed so they could rest. I finally called back and they said room service was no longer available and if I wanted them I would have to come down and get them. That's horrible customer service if you ask me and I will NEVER again stay at another Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank momof2beauties25
Austin TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

This is the best business trip I've had--wish all the hotels I stayed in were this pleasant. I don't have any negatives to list. Here are the positives:

-Really nice interior--both the lobby and the rooms (very new and modern)
-Very clean
-QUIET! This is my biggest complaint when traveling. I never heard a peep coming through the walls
-Good restaurant downstairs, Chili's next door, and several other restaurants close by

Overall, a fantastic value for my money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

After being stuck in Atlanta traffic for two hours, this hotel was such a pleasant surprise. The hotel is only a year old and styled like that of a major city. We tend to be picky regarding on the road hotels. Our room was amazingly huge, contemporary in style, with a great bathroom. The lobby was spacious, also contemporary in style, with a beautiful courtyard and pool. It is located in a beautiful vacation area. I would not hesitate to stay here for an extended visit. They have an onsite restaurant with reasonably priced food. The kids ate free since we were staying there. The only reason I gave the overall rating a 4 is because a complimentary breakfast is always nice. We have stayed several times at Chicago's Four Season's and Peninsula Hotels, so we know nice. For an off the Interstate hotel, I wouldn't hesitate in coming back!

• Stayed April 2011
Decorah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

From check in to check out this was indeed the best accommodation on our trip. Actually one of the best choices we've made in traveling in a long time and we do a lot of traveling. Rooms were great with a beautifil view, food and drink were reasonably priced. Menu choices were very good and affordable. The entire staff from front desk, to houskeeping to wait staff were welcoming and enjoyable. The pool was roomy and perfect for laps. A final perk...this facility offers recycling! Will definitely stay here again given the opportunity. Sue and Cliff mississippigrl59@yahoo.com

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple