“Management needs to learn about hospitality”

Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for four nights while in Dahlonega. The manager seemed inconvienced and irritated by our early arrival. Our room was on the second floor which was in the process of renovation. The drilling and hammering continued from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. We were not told about the renovation work on the entire floor. After I complained to the manager, we were not offered another room. She just typed up a notice to be left at the front desk stating that the hotel was under renovation and management apologizes for any inconvience.

Dahlonega is a beautiful and friendly town. And there are many B&B's and Inns. Skip this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pbo915

Reviewed January 28, 2010

This hotel has a nice view of the mountains, but that is the only nice quality about it. The hotel room rates were misleading, and unannounced fees were added to our bill when we checked out. Dahlonega is a beautiful and friendly city, but stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn ,Dahlonega this past weekend and were very pleased. It was extremely clean, big rooms and friendly staff. We came in without a reservation and received the "managers special". Lower then any rate posted on the internet. Also, they had a good breakfast which included scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, and hot biscuits. In addition, they had a wide variety of other standard motel breakfast items. We will definitely stay here again. Just let me add,a charming and quaint little town in any season.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelmoreMacon_Ga
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Reason for my stay was wife having an operation at the Dahlonega Hospital. Had a few nice chats with Diane,the manager and she was very nice. She even helped me get through this tough time. Felt like she was an old friend by the time I went home.Motel was very clean and breakfasr helped. . Could have used a microwave.
K. Healy

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank IrishBlairsville_ga
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I am a single parent with son attending NGCSU nearby. First stayed here in Fall 2008, have been here many times afterwards and will continue for the next three years. The first advantage that sold me on this hotel versus the other chains in the area, was the inside corridors. I feel much safer as a single traveller.
As a Priority Club Elite Gold member, my keys are always ready and waiting, I am offered late check-out and as a frequent guest, I always feel welcomed.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable, always clean, and I have on many occasions witnessed the thorough job that the housekeeping staff perform. They have never forgotten to replace any amenities including the laundry bag. Unlike other hotels where I have stayed, they do vacuum every day.
The manager, Mrs. Moore is always present from morning to evening and I have seen her working in the breakfast bar when the hotel is full, attending to guest needs.
The free breakfast bar is impressive as hot food is served - eggs, sausages, bacon, biscuits and gravy, in addition to the usual items. The warm cinnamon danish are not to be missed.
One tip - book your stay early during the peak periods e.g. parents day, gold rush weekend or wedding season. The hotel will be full. I booked one year in advance for this stay.
There is no on-site restaurant, but the hotel is close to everything. Lots of free parking on-site.
Dahlonega is a hidden gem, so much to see and do nearby so worth it to stay somewhere central and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My sister and I stayed here for a long weekend getaway. The staff was very polite and accommodating. Our first room had a king size bed and my sister wasn't thrilled about sharing a bed with me. They were booked that night so we had to keep our room but the following day they moved all our luggage to a lovely room with a beautiful view of the mountains. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Granted, this IS a 2-star hotel, but we have stayed in better 2-star rated hotels! The lady at the front desk wasn't very friendly, our room smelled like cat urine, and we found three bugs in our room. One of which was a spider crawling on us as we were watching TV in bed, the other was dead on the bathroom floor, and the third was a fruit fly. This place is anything but a comfortable stay. We were hoping that with the Holiday Inn name there would be some sort of quality standard, but no luck. It was a disappointing stay and we did not look forward to going back to the hotel for the evening. We couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank ZachandJody
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega? Share your experiences!