“Not that great”

Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times and this was the worst one of them all. The room was damp, even with the air on; the same food was served for breakfast four days in a row; the last day I was there something different was finally served; the pillows were so worn out that there was nothing left to them; the padding under the sheets kept curling up under the sheets so I had to constantly remake the bed; there wasn't enough outlets in the room to plug my phone and my computer in; no refrigerator or microwave in the room and the elevator had a strange smell to it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Blockheadnc_2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Blockheadnc_2013,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and as such, I apologize for the shortcomings in your room and for the dissatisfaction you had with some of our amenities.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a softball tournament in Dahlonega the week of July 21 and had a great experience at this hotel. The staff was very accomidating to our large group and went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be. Diane (Mgr.) was gracious enough to let us use the lobby to feed our team pizza and made us feel welcome. I had no complaints about the rooms from any of our parents, and we had over 18 rooms booked in our group. The only complaint that I got from anyone in our group was that the pancake machine was broke. No complaints from Harlem High Softball.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gstokes
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a great view from our room. The North GA mountains were outside our window, dusk on the mountain was great to see. Downtown has many restaurants to choose from, drive was less than a mile away, downhill. Being on motorcycles, rolling hills and the start of the mountains we expected downtown be to hilly, everything is flat, central parking near all restraurants. Hotel parking was available for cars, trucks will trailers park at the end of the parking lot. Hotel staff told us to park the motorcycles under the entry near the entrance. That was nice and ease of going in the morning. Breakfast was a challenge, seemed like everyone came down at the same time, 0800, food was in limited supply, grabbed a banana, some juice and moved on down the road, as we were not going to wait for the other folks to make way to sit and get breakfast, as we checked out, other came rolling in looking for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing north or on the side that entrance is on, the mountain views morning and eveni...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LDubie
Reviewed July 23, 2013

There were four in our party and we got two rooms. We all agreed that the rooms were very clean. The view from our rooms was great. We are priority customers and didn't receive our little welcome gifts. They were great about letting us check in early. I do think that it was over priced.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Spencer1952
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Quick, last minute trip to the area with my kids. Needed a hotel at the last minute and chose this one instead of the less expensive Days Inn or Quality Inn hoping for a a decent room. Outside of building and public areas are well kept. Room is of the standard of a Quality Inn- no fridge, no microwave, thin sheets/towels,very small with open closet. Outside pool, no hot tub.

At this moment the manager is in my room debating with me if the room smells like urine or not-it does. As soon as the air goes off the rm 320 smells like pee. When I called down this am she told me that all the ac's had gotten a sour smell because of the rain collecting in them so they had been cleaning them hoping to get rid of the smell. So I asked her if it was mold- she says it's not but what else could it be? So she decided to come up. Knocks on door, no greeting walks in and asks why I turned the ac off. Told her it had been off for a few minutes. Tells me she doesn't smell anything and she has a sensitive nose. I explain that I do too and the room smells like pee and she might want to clean the carpet for the next guest. She basically tells me it doesn't and says she will be back in a few minutes..... I decided to write this while I am waiting.

I used to manage hotels and never in my life could I imagine treating guests like this. Stay somewhere else. The room and service are no better than a very low end chain hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rm 320 unless they finally replace carpet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear MIKEEMIKEE10,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room smell and the air conditioning which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Traveling by motorcycle through the area and stayed the night.
The prices were reasonable, the hotel was very clean. The free hot breakfast is a nice plus. My room was a king, second floor, first door to the right after exiting the elevator. It was small, since I was traveling alone it was adequate but amazingly small than the hotel rooms I had in Asia.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stay here each time we visit our relatives. The rooms are nice and clean. Bed was comfortable and had a variety of pillows. There were plenty of outlets which is a challenge at many hotels. Didn't get a chance to check out the exercise room this trip.

Room Tip: It appears that this hotel hosts many wedding parties so book early if you are staying over a weeken...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega? Share your experiences!