“Never Stay When Wedding Party is There”

Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Fairburn, Georgia
“Never Stay When Wedding Party is There”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Worse time ever at a hotel property. Wedding Party ruined entire stay, loud drunks, stealing food from breakfast bar and all management would say was she never heard any complaints. The only funny part was that the worse hell raisers were what appeared to be the grandparents with the coolers of booze so much left over it filled their van and they had to put clothes in another van. Ice machines out of service because some one filled large coolers and left none on 1 or 3 floors, and 2 floor was melting. Stealing yogurt and putting in a purse, biscuits and jelly guess it was for their father's day luncheon. So ask ahead if they are having A WEDDING PARTY, remember this is a College town! Oh, the Pool Furniture was placed around the parking lot and had our van damaged by something being slammed on the roof. Otherwise it was your regular run of the mill Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have great view of town and mountains. Third floor was great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LewieD
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear LewieD,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the wedding party that happened during your stay. I have taken note of your comments regarding the shortcomings you encountered and these will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Having stayed at other hotels in this chain, we were looking forward to this one, but it fell way short of any of our other previous experiences with this hotel chain. The evening we arrived, we noticed our TV had poor quality picture. The front desk employee (a young man) came to try to fix it, but he said that the cable connection was damaged due to the dresser being pushed too close to the wall. The TV never worked properly the entire stay. The breakfast was also a disappointment. The pancake machine wasn't working, and when I asked at the front desk if there was any yogurt available, I was taken aback by the rude reply I received. The older lady working told me that she didn't have any and that she was short-staffed that morning due to employees not coming to work. Our room was acceptable, other than the TV, but it was on the main floor close to the front desk which made it a very noisy location. This did not live up to the quality expectations we have experienced at previous Holiday Inn Express locations and it cost more than other locations we have stayed at previously.

Room Tip: If you end up staying here (which I honestly cannot recommend), ask for a room above the first floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mama23Es
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Mama23Es,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Dahlonega hotels

Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We often stay at this hotel because it is the best chain lodging in our son's college town. The conditions were much improved since our last visit. We were satisfied. The prices were reasonable, the hotel was very clean and our room was serviced each day before we returned. All basic expectations, but each category had shortcomings on our last visit. The free hot breakfast is a nice plus. The staff remains unfriendly. They are not rude, they just are not friendly. I find this to be very uncommon in the south and in the hospitality industry in general. The hotel will provide just what you need at a good price, but nothing extra.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cumming
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently had a reunion at the Holiday Inn Express in Dahlonega. What a great experience. From the hotel rooms to the meeting rooms, everything was excellent. Many thanks to Diane. We will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The main disappointment was one employee behind the front desk (lady with short gray hair) who lacks customer service skills. As soon as I walked through the front door to the front desk she looked up at me and then looked back at her computer and did not acknowledge me or my husband standing at the counter for over three minutes. Not a smile, wave, head nod or anything....nothing but a "scowl" on her face! She was not on the phone but apparently too busy to help a guest. She was my first impression of the hotel so that didn't start it off well, but the other employee (who was helping another customer waited on us as soon as he was done) ....while she still sat there doing nothing. Room was clean, good location and furnishings were average which is why I rated it good.

• Stayed May 2013
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I travel to Dahlonega often and the Holiday Inn Express is my choice. The hotel is always clean, the rooms are very nice, and the manager is a true professional. I read a recent negative comment and I have a lot of hesitation believing what was said. I will be back again soon.

Richard M.

Room Tip: The mountain view is outstanding!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My stay at this hotel was top notch. I travel all over the southeast and stay in hotels all the time and this hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I will def stay here again. I read the negative comments after I stayed here and I didn't find the manager to be at all rude or non helpful. She went out of her way to make sure my stay was pleasant. As far as the cleaning staff - I'm sure they are under paid and under appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Days Inn Dahlonega
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega? Share your experiences!