“Wonderful experience in Dahlonega!”
Review of Days Inn Dahlonega

Days Inn Dahlonega
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while my husband began hiking the Appalachian Trail; therefore, I was alone and yet felt very comfortable and at ease. The front desk was always very friendly and obviously wanted my stay to be pleasing. The room that was recommended by the hotel was on the second floor and had the most beautiful view of the mountains ... full width of the room is a window. The curtains had been left open and the view took my breath away upon opening the door! I had just driven from Virginia Beach (two weeks of working there) where I felt claustrophobic from the traffic and cramped spaces. Thus, the southwestern sunlight entering the Dahlonega hotel room and wide open view were wonderful in comparison!! (The walkway is on the opposite side of the room, so there is privacy on the "window side".) The people of Georgia are so warm and welcoming - true Southern hospitality everywhere I went. The town has lots of little shops for browsing. The hotel pool was well kept and so relaxing. It could not have been a more enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Second floor has great views of the mountains! Wide window overlooking the valley. Large and sunny...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Wanda H

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I pulled in to this small inn and was very glade I did, the manger made all the differents in our stay. I had never been to Dehalonega, Ga. before and he was very helpfull in getting around and where the best places to go. A very good host for the town.Room was very clean and what a good night sleep we had.

Room Tip: Sec. floor room with a GREAT view of the Mt.'s
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank R W
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I pulled into the hotel around 10:00 at night, after travelling 12 hours straight. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. As we had not eaten dinner yet (were trying to get to the hospital before the grand-baby showed up!), we were searching for some food. Mr. Patel spent a few minutes with us, going over the little brochure he had and trying to determine what was still open. Ended up having to settle for McDonalds, but that's fine. We were the ones who didn't get there til late.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Since we had called ahead with an approximate check in time, Mr. Patel had turned on our A/C shortly before our arrival, which was very much appreciated! Parking was ample and the grounds were tidy.
The continental breakfast was more than I expected. A wide variety of food and beverages, all fresh and well presented. 2 different types of danish, some muffins, bagels, toast, a few different fruits, coffee, tea, OJ, 4 varieties of cold cereal. It was a better selection that what my kids get at home!
Overall, I was extremely please with our stay here. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

When I got there the guy at the desk was so nice, even with me so exhausted. I needed to find a place to get food and he gave me a brochure for the town and suggestions where to try. He gave me a great room at a great price and even checked to make sure that I was safe since I was by myself. When I checked Out in the morning I got to see the same guy another guy who was just as nice. Had a great conversation about the tale of the dragon and they made sure I got some fresh coffee.
The room needs just a little upgrading, but it was as clean as an older hotel can be and the shower was great. Ooh, and the bed was very comfortable with plush pillows. He even made sure that I got a room on the bottom floor so I didn't have to walk up the stairs.
I found that my sister used the same hotel before and found the same great service I did when she was there last year.
I definitely recommend them for anyone and will use them again the next time I am through the area.
Thank you gentlemen for a great stay and appreciate the talk and thanks for noticing my ohm. You gave me great energy for the rest of my drive about.

Room Tip: The ice machine is near the office. Others than that:Just be nice to everyone you meet, especially h...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I and various members of my family have been staying here for at least three years. I come several times a year because my whole family lives up here - sister and brother-in-law, four nieces and two grand nieces. I have stayed sometimes one or two nights up to two weeks and have been a guest here at least six times. I feel totally at home here. The management continues to update so the rooms are attractive, the bathrooms are very nice, the beds are comfortable with immaculate and new bedspreads and plenty of pillows. More importantly, the two managers go out of their way to fulfill their customers' needs. I have requested early check-in, IF available, late check-out (noon), I have had business to conduct and they helped me send a fax for me the other day. Every request and need I had was responded to with graciousness and immediacy. The pool is good-sized, clean, has comfortable lounge furniture and round tables and chairs with large nice umbrellas - we have had many a poolside meal in the evening with our family. Even the parking lots and walkways are very clean and maintained daily. Parking accommodations are excellent and very accessible and convenient to the rooms.After comparison shopping with other lodging in the area when I first started visiting here, the rates here are more than reasonable - you get a lot of value for your money, including a lovely continental breakfast. In summary, in addition to all the amenities I have listed above, is the excellent nature and performance of the management. THEY TRULY CARE ABOUT YOUR COMFORT AND SATISFACTION WITH YOUR STAY, and they are ALWAYS available to assist you in any way they can 24 hours a day, with courtesy and concern. This is the place to stay in the Dahlonega area!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MandM16
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Excellent staff very friendly and willing to give you the best service. Facility was clean and the mountain view was pretty especially at sunset. No odors in the room. It was fresh & clean. Other guests were also friendly and willing to talk at breakfast time....felt very much like visiting with friends. It was only a short distance to town. We plan to return next year if not before!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BettySue W
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed two nights 18-19 May 12 because of the price of the hotel. We'll definitely pay the extra next time. Our first night was uneventful except the room smelled musty (the hotel has definitely seen better days). The second night received a phone call from the manager at 9:30 p.m. complaining that we were taking up two spaces with our motorcycles. We had parked both bikes in one space at the top of the hill away from the hotel. Even if we had used two spots the lot certainly wasn't full. The next morning when we were checking out the manager verbally accosted my husband because he had used a hand towel to wipe the dew off our seats. If you're on a motorcycle find another place to stay!

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn Express next door.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Karen B
daysinndahlonega, Manager at Days Inn Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments. We apologize that you had a poor experience and that you felt that we did not accomodate your bikes, We have bikers stay with us throughout the year and they really enjoy our services to make them feel safe and welcoming-we are sorry that you were the exception

Hopefully we can do a better job next time you are in the area

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
The Dahlonega Square Hotel & Villas
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Days Inn Dahlonega? Share your experiences!