“Overall a very satisfying dining experience”
Review of Piazza Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Piazza Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here and we ordered bruschetta, pizza, side salads, and manicotti. We could not get enough of the bread that came before our meal which included a flavored olive oil dipping sauce. Our bruschetta was a little tough to chew but tasty anyway. The pizza was one of the best we've ever had and the ingredients were all fresh (for example the sausage was real sausage cut up rather than the prepackaged little cubes that are typical in other places). You could tell the pizza crust was hand made (was extremely good). The manicotti and salads were great as well. The salads in particular were deliciously unique with specialty dressings that were very flavorful (you will not find ranch, french, or other typical dressings here). The service was good and the prices very reasonable. I guess the only reason I have not rated this restaurant 5/5 is because of the bruschetta being tough to chew. If that had not been the case then definitely this would have been rated as an excellent restaurant. I am sure if we had said something our appetizer would have been replaced. We recommend this restaurant and would gladly go again if in the area.

1  Thank Leila W

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food was great, as well as the service! We asked for help ordering, since we aren't as familiar with some of the Italian fare. The waitress made excellent recommendations. They didn't have all of the ingredients for the appetizer I ordered, but the cook sent out a sample of what they did have at no additional cost. Then while preparing our second choice of appetizer (we didn't know the sample was coming), the cook made one of the bruschettas a choice we didn't choose, so the extra one was sent out as well. Needless to say, we left full and pleased with our experience there. No complaints.

1  Thank Sheri W
Reviewed July 1, 2014

After reading reviews of Piazza Restaurant we decided to try it on a vacation to Dahlonega. When we arrived we were greeted and led to a table next to the front window where the sun was blinding and the window was occupied by several flies. When questioned about the flies the hostess explained, "They are always there at this time of night." We were then seated at a different table at our request. Our server was prompt in getting our beverage order and our selections for dinner. Bread was served accompanied by a small dish with a pool of balsamic vinegar in a pool of extra virgin olive oil. Our third was overwhelmed by the balsamic vinegar and began to choke.
Our salads arrived about 20 minutes later, right after the three parties that arrived after us were served. Our server was apologetic sharing, "We are behind in salads." My wife and I both ordered the special, Veal Parmesan, and our third ordered Pasta Alfredo with chicken.
The veal was tough, the pasta was good, (al dente) but there was no extra grated cheese on the table and none was offered. Our server had disappeared. At the end of dinner our server arrived to refill drinks; warm water, warm tea, no ice. Our tip was commensurate with the service. Our family owns a restaurant. Never again!

2  Thank BushnellBandB
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I met some friends here for dinner - and it's a good thing we had a lot to catch up on because it took a looong time to get our food! But, we almost didn't notice because we were talking so much. The antipasta appetizer was a nice combination of cheese and pancetta - but, the portions were somewhat meek (for the $8.99 price tag). The caesar salad was okay - didn't taste like home made dressing, but it wasn't bad. Our server recommended the lasagna and I was not disappointed. It was a delicious blending of spices and cheese. It was on the 'small' side, but neither did I over-eat! To be fair about the long wait - we came in right after a large party and I'm sure that slowed down the process. But, the servers were so friendly and kept our drinks filled. The bread was good - the olive oil/balsamic was average. I would return.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Working with David to plan and prepare for our wedding rehearsal dinner was such a pleasure! He was completely accommodating and the evening was flawless! The food was absolutely delicious and even better than we even expected. Our guests were blown away! Piazza should be a definite stop if you are in Dahlonega! Such a great atmosphere and incredible food from start to finish - we will definitely be back again and again! Thank you SO much!

1  Thank Anna M