“Serene Scene”
Review of Lily Creek Lodge

Lily Creek Lodge
Ranked #8 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2007

The Lily Creek Lodge is a bed and breakfast inn in northern Georgia, not far from the approach to the Appalacian Trail.

Let me start by saying that the full gourmet breakfast each morning alone is worth the visit. Everything is fresh and homemade, including the granola, the chocolate chip cookies for an afternoon treat and the generous breakfast plate. (well, maybe not the fruit but I wouldn't be surprised)!!

If you demand clean accommodations, this is it. While the bathroom in our room could have used a touch up of paint around the doors, that was the worst I can say about it.

Although the pool temp was too cold for me (78 degrees), it was this close to heaven to sit and listen to the waterfall, surrounded by trees. Since the pool was so cool, the hot tub was that much more enjoyable, especially after an afternoon of hiking.

The inn rates a 7 rather than a 8 because in my humble opinion, the hot tub area needs improvement and sprucing up. Don't let that stop you from enjoying the relaxing soak.

The innkeepers were most pleasant and accommodating - including glasses of wine for our short stroll to the pool. They are available to suggest activities, give opinions, and are most welcoming. You will find lounge chairs and swing stragetically placed to enjoy the view and help you unwind. Also on grounds are a gazebo and treehouse for your breakfast dining. Take breakfast on the patio if weather permits. Movies, books and games are available should the mood strike.

This B&B was the perfect location as "home base" for our 3 days exploring the beautiful north Georgia mountains. Serene comfort, welcoming hosts, great food and clean - all on my must have list - puts this inn on my "want to go back" list.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hr2357

Reviewed August 6, 2007

Our family celebrated our Father's 70th birthday and the owners were very nice throughout. Everything was clean and the hosts were attentive and discreet. The pool is great, as was the breakfast. Just a few minutes from Dahlonega. Not to be missed!
Ernie Saylor

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2007

My mom and I spent a wonderful weekend at Lily Creek. It was quiet, private and very relaxing. The breakfast was fabulous, with friendly service and gracious individual tables, set with beautiful china, silver and fresh flowers. There were numerous places inside and out to sit and enjoy tea, coffee and conversation. While we did get to meet some of the other guests, most of the time we felt like we had the place to ourselves. There is a wonderful pool and covered gazebo in a clearing in the woods. The owners were friendly and attentive, without being hoovering. The fresh cookies were worth sneaking downstairs in the evening for a second helping. It was easy to find, and just a short drive from downtown. This was exactly what we were looking for in a delightful weekend escape -- we plan to go back!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2007

My wife and I recently visited the Lily Creek Lodge and had a terrific experience! While we were only 70 miles from home the lodge felt as though we had traveled a thousand miles to a new and fantastic land. The room was very reminiscent of European style lodgings, complete with tapestry and fine linen!! The property was absolutely gorgeous, with heirloom roses in bloom, succulent blackberries ripe for the picking and a Romanesque pool tucked neatly away behind the lodge. The breakfasts provided the perfect start to our days, satisfying both palate and appetite with unparalleled grace! The breads and breakfast dishes were true culinary delights!! Our hosts were gracious and humble , leaving us with the incontestable sense that they truly loved what they had created!! We hope that this decade is the first of many for them and we look forward to spending future weekends in their quaint little corner of the world!!

Reviewed June 24, 2007

We recently stayed at the Lily Creek Lodge for our anniversary. I would say it was an above average stay.

The grounds/gardens were absolutely beautiful. There was soft music playing outside which was very relaxing. Although we didn't get to enjoy the pool, it looked very inviting. I liked the fact the pool was away from the house, tucked away from everything. There was also a hot tub which you could enjoy.

I will say when we walked in to the main area, there was a strong musty smell which had me concerned that our room would smell that way (it did not). They will ask you for the $$ upfront when you get there which made me laugh. We have stayed at other B&B's that wait until you get settled--no biggie. We stayed in the Moonglow room which was nice...very eclectic/random furniture though. We had a walk in shower which was great. However, we lost hot water a few times during our showers. I'm not sure if everyone else was trying to shower at the same time and they ran out of hot water--somewhat frustrating.

We walked around Dahlonega and ate at a fabulous restaurant--Corkscrew Cafe right off the square. It was out of this world! My husband and I eat out a lot and we rated this restaurant in our top 10. He had the New york strip and I had the Pork loin--both very, very good. Great wine list as well. I heard there were other restaurants just as good.

We had breakfast at Lily Creek the next morning which was wonderful. You could sit outside or inside the dining room. The owners didn't come around much until breakfast but they were nice.

All in all, I would recommend staying there. It might be a little overpriced for what you get, but we don't enjoy staying in basic hotels. We love the ambiance of a B&B.

Reviewed June 13, 2007

Rustic envioronment, gourmet breakfast...care to eat in a treehouse or gazebo? Lie around a waterfalled pool? The best kept secret in the
Altanta area. Seriously! As a school principal, having peace, quiet, and space to recharge is worth it's weight in Dahlonega gold!

Deluxe rooms..hosts (Sharon and Don), who will guide, entertain, or leave you to the solitude of exploring all the amenities the lodge and nature have to offer. All a world away, yet forty-five minutes from my home in Alpharetta. A treasure! So why am I blowing my best-kept secret?? It's just too good not to!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Suchadeal
Reviewed June 12, 2007

We have stayed at the Lily Creek Lodge for 5 visits. Initially, we wanted to let our stays in Dahlonega (our getaway place) to include visits to several bed and breakfasts in the area. However, once we stayed at Lily Creek, we kept rebooking with them for future visits.

The inn is located in an area surrounded by beautiful trees. You feel like you are in a country retreat, but are really close to Dahlonega and the surrounding arease and all that they have to offer.
The innkeepers, Sharon and Don Bacek were gracious and friendly and some of our most pleasant memories were of wine and conversation on the beautiful outside deck overlooking the woods.

The breakfast the first time we stayed was continental but has since been changed to a full breakfast. At all times, it was delicious. We especially enjoy the homemade granola and breads.

The rooms were accomodating and the choice of themes was fun, insuring that return visits were different with different rooms.

The pool is beautiful and the hot tub welcome. The grounds are spacious and allow you an opportunity to just wanter.

All in all, we would highly recommend a stay here.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Days Inn Dahlonega
Days Inn Dahlonega
#3 of 8 in Dahlonega
The Dahlonega Square Hotel & Villas

Been to Lily Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!