“Good Restaurant”

Back Porch Oyster Bar
Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Back Porch Oyster Bar Restaurant is inspired by coastal North Carolina cuisine, our seafood is fine dining in a fun atmosphere. Our menu runs the gamut from simple fried catfish to Ahi tuna tartare, pan seared Chilean Sea Bass in a lemon beurre blanc, and cold water lobster tails. We also have a wide selection of cold water oysters from Northeastern U.S. and Canada. Yes you can find great seafood in the North Georgia Mountains!!
Jackson, GA
“Good Restaurant”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

After hiking down from The Len Foote Hike Inn the ranger on duty at Amicalola Falls Park suggested the Back Porch for lunch. It was about 20 miles away and on our way home, so we stopped and really enjoyed the meal. We had a table on the front porch overlooking the charming Dahlonega square. I had the calamari appetizer with an Asian sauce that was good, but a little too much sauce (I would ask for the sauce on the side next time) then had a smoked salmon pasta special that was delicious, well seasoned and lots of it, I took enough home for another meal. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and the beers and she was very pleasant. We will go back.

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Felt like home!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

With Key West signs and a nautical theme, it felt like home. The food was great and the staff very courteous. I had the seared Ahi Tuna and the man had some big bowl of Jambalaya-ish seafood stuff (plenty for two).

Visited September 2013
Naples, Florida
“Lunch time”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Sat on the patio upstairs overlooking the square in Dahlonega. The service was good, the waitress helpful, and catered to our need of gluten free. The soup was delicious!

Visited September 2013
“Fabulous”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Fabulous! The food was fantastic, great selection, wonderful owners. This is a restaurant that you must stop at when in Dahlonega, Ga.

Atlant
“FLIES ARE EVERYWHERE”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My daughter and I have eaten at this restaurant before and enjoyed it very much. This past weekend we visited again with high expectations for a delicious meal. We were seated inside near the door to the porch and as I looked over the menu I noticed flies in the window we were seated next to. I didn't think too much of it and we placed our orders. When the food arrived so did the flies. We asked to move tables because we couldn't get a bite in without constantly waving our hands over our food. The waitress was very nice and helped us move to another table...but there were flies there too. We actually moved to 3 different tables and were hounded by the flies. A man wearing one of the t-shirts of the restaurant came over to our table and when we told him the reason we had moved tables his response was "Well, "they" leave the door open all the time and if you were outside there would be 100 flies."

What kind of response is that? He walked back to the bar to continue drinking his beer and watching the football games that were on the big screen tv's. We tried to eat our meal but when the flies started landing in our food, we pushed the plates away and waited for our waitress to return. Again, she was lovely and very understanding that we could not eat our food but offered no remedy.

I'm not sure if the guy at the bar was the owner or the manager but he came back to our table and said "is everything all right?" To which I responded, NO. There are flies everywhere and I pointed to one on my daughter's plate.

His response was "it's hard to keep them out when the door is open all the time."

THIS IS A RESTAURANT, not a barn. We just wanted to get out of there. And do you know when the check came, they charged full price for the entire meal? Unbelievable. Unsanitary and Unacceptable! I'm considering calling the Health Inspector.

4 Thank mcclimj