“Owner thanked us for our business”

Back Porch Oyster Bar
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Back Porch Oyster Bar Restaurant is inspired by coastal North Carolina cuisine, our seafood is fine dining in a fun atmosphere. Our menu runs the gamut from simple fried catfish to Ahi tuna tartare, pan seared Chilean Sea Bass in a lemon beurre blanc, and cold water lobster tails. We also have a wide selection of cold water oysters from Northeastern U.S. and Canada. Yes you can find great seafood in the North Georgia Mountains!!
Reviewed August 9, 2013

So, after stopping in late at night to have a glass of wine in a "Florida State of mind" I fell in love with the service and the overall feel of the place. Many of the servers are young, college age-but vibrant and learning the hospitality business by leadership from the owner. Will I go back? Absolutely, great location, great soups-nice salads....a little work on amount of peppers on the oyster dishes but overall-I give it a I'm GOING BACK review, for next year. Thanks for the hospitality.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Sit on the balcony that overlooks the square. I had the crab cakes and she crab soup...some of the best I've ever had. I love the wasabi aioli!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great place to eat while visiting Dahlonega. I have eaten here on more than one occasion and would return again. Food was very good. Server was friendly and attentive. The owners stop by to see how your meal was and thank you for dining there. Beach-themed decor. Close to the university campus. You can sit inside or outside on an upper level deck overlooking the quaint town square.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was hesitant about eating at a seafood restaurant in downtown Dahlonega, but when our well-travelled inn proprietor assured my mom and I that the food was very good, we decided to try it out.

I'm glad we did! Since it was a Thursday, Back Porch was offering half-orders of Alaskan snow crab legs for $7.50, so we paired two orders of those with the Pear and Apple salad (fresh mixed greens, goat cheese fritter, kiwi-thyme jam, truffled walnut-grape vinaigrette) for a very memorable meal.

Thank you, Back Porch, for bringing such fresh, unique flavors to north Georgia!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped in during a trip to dalonega because the sign said seafood and steak house. The only steak offered was the special for the night and was topped with seafood and without the seafood was the same price. The porch and view is nice but the food just wasn't worth the price.