“Absolutely fantastic”

Back Porch Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Back Porch Oyster Bar Restaurant is inspired by coastal North Carolina cuisine, our seafood is fine dining in a fun atmosphere. Our menu runs the gamut from simple fried catfish to Ahi tuna tartare, pan seared Chilean Sea Bass in a lemon beurre blanc, and cold water lobster tails. We also have a wide selection of cold water oysters from Northeastern U.S. and Canada. Yes you can find great seafood in the North Georgia Mountains!!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were walking around the village square looking for a nice,quaint lunch place with outdoor seating for our dogs. The Back Porch Oyster Bar had an open table on the front porch overlooking the square and the action. The server,Courtny,immediately brought water for our dogs and took our drink orders.The service was exceptional as she continually filled our beverage glasses and remained at tentative.
Now about the food....the clam chowder was far and away the best I have ever had....and I've had it many restaurants on Cape Cod and Boston area.I highly recommend it. We had the fried shrimp,fish tacos,catfish and fried clams with scallops and we loved each and every dish.Although we were stuffed,we couldn't resist trying the cocoanut cream pie and it did not disappoint.We look forward to our next visit to the Back Porch.I highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The food was delicious and the service superb.
Had the crab cake , which was lots of crab meat with little filler... very tasty! And the Key Lime Pie and Coconut Cream Pie were perfection! Even the spinach side was good...the best I've ever eaten! The service was great, with servers who were delightful! A VERY enjoyable lunch!

1  Thank Judith P
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Four of us ate lunch there today and each one us had something different. Each of us proclaimed that our choice was one of the best meals we had in a long time. Not only was the food outstanding but the service could not have been better. I would not have expected to find this quality seafood in Dahlonega, Georgia; but I have not had any better in the many coastal areas I have visited. I only live about 20 miles away and I will definitely be making future visits.

1  Thank gemiles
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stop here and eat no matter what you are doing in Dahlonega. Food was superb. Tremendous flavor and service was the best we've had in a long time. Fish tacos w trashy rice. I loved it. Shared a bowl of crab bisque. Very good. Had key lime pie for dessert. It was perfection. Best restaurant we've been to in town and on our whole vacation

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I go here every time I am in Dahlonega and have always had good food. My wife and 2 grandchildren eat for about 40.00. We try to go on Thursdays when they have their crab leg special. The food is always very good and the Crab Dip is to die for.

Been to Back Porch Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!