“Absolutely Wonderful Experience!!!”

Back Porch Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Back Porch Oyster Bar Restaurant is inspired by coastal North Carolina cuisine, our seafood is fine dining in a fun atmosphere. Our menu runs the gamut from simple fried catfish to Ahi tuna tartare, pan seared Chilean Sea Bass in a lemon beurre blanc, and cold water lobster tails. We also have a wide selection of cold water oysters from Northeastern U.S. and Canada. Yes you can find great seafood in the North Georgia Mountains!!
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ok let me start out by saying I have never ever filled out any online review until now. Why because the experience I had there was top notch. They had no idea who I am and it really doesnt matter. What matters is I was treated like royalty. I was greated by a smiling face that opened the door for me, then was greated several more times by others before I even decided to sit down. I then was escorted upstairs to the bar and they heard me asking about raw oysters, before I knew it I had a plate of oysters in front of me on the house to try. They were so good I had to order more. Several servers, managers came and checked on me to assure everything was fine. I ordered a few meals to try and everything was tasty and cooked to perfection.
This is definately a place to go visit. I dont understand why anyone wouldnt write anything but a good review for this place. Everyone was so pleasant and friendly. The food was the best, yes it maybe a little more than some but hey you are getting what you pay for "Quality". I read a review where someone complained about price all I can say is you can review the menu before you sit and if it is to much for your big mac budget leave. I personally rather pay extra for great food, great service and friendly atmosphere which this place has it all. This definately will be a new favorite place for me to frequent. I also like how the waitresses worked together in helping. The only thing I would like to see is them get more variety on draft for beer, but hey they still had all my favorites in bottles. Try it you wont regret it, it sure made my night.

1  Thank Robert J

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have eaten at the Back Porch on many occasions, and I can honestly say the food seems to get better each time. I was prompted to sit down and write this review because I was particularly impressed during two recent visits by the 1) Cioppino and 2) a grouper risotto special that was to die for.

The food, staff, and atmosphere are all excellent. A big thumbs up.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been in F&B all of my life with Disney Properties and Corporate Hotels and currently own a successful concept in White County. This is one of the "extreamly" few places that I will dine. The food is of excellent quality, the atmosphere is pleasant and very clean and the service has always been supurb. (I could live on the Bisque!) Well worth the trip.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Worst seafood experience in a long time. Everything is over priced and under portioned. I had to walk to the bar to get my own food, and when I stepped out for a cigarette I found my server arguing on the phone with I'm guessing her soon to be ex-boyfriend. My shrimp and grits were lukewarm at best, and my drink sat empty for most of my time there. Won't be back.

2  Thank drumbum1
Reviewed January 3, 2013

was a little higher on price for lunch than i usually spend, but food was excellant and great to sit out on porch and watch the goings on in the square. will eat there again.

Been to Back Porch Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!