“Great spot only an hour from Atlanta”

Bourbon Street Grille
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: Bourbon Street Grille is situated on the beautiful Dahlonega square. Located in the historic Hall House building, Bourbon Street Grill boasts full bars and dining areas on two unique floors, which begs the question, “Top or bottom?”. The “top” features an intimate dining room and balcony overlooking the picturesque town square,while the “bottom” has a festive pub atmosphere with flat-screen televisions inside and a pet-friendly deck outside. Our diverse menu offers the perfect meal to go with that perfect seat. From Cajun-inspired favorites like Jambalaya or Gumbo, to delicious seafood such as fresh Apalachicola Oysters or Blackened Redfish, and even that juicy Black & Blue Sirloin or Grille Burger, we have a fantastic dish to satisfy any taste. Join us on the weekends for our fabulous brunch options like Crab Cakes Benedict or our infamously huge Lost Bread. Our knowledgeable staff is happy to help you come up with tasty solutions for allergies and special dietary needs, so fear not, vegans and gluten-free folks! Pop in for a drink, and enjoy our selection of craft beers, fine wines, and specialty cocktails. If you don't have the time to sit down and stay a while, carry-out meals or on-foot delivery to businesses on the square are available. In addition to our great everyday dining experiences, we can help you make your event— big or small— special; ask us about hosting or catering your wedding, meeting, or get-together. We also feature daily specials, live entertainment, and social events, so don't forget to like us on facebook and check out our website.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Dahlonega is only an hour from Atlanta and there's lots to do there - outdoor activities, winery tours, etc. If you get hungry while you are there try the Bourbon Street Grille. The menu is mostly New Orleans inspired and the food is very good. Service was also excellent.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We tried this place for the first time and really enjoyed it. Three of us had a full breakfast, and it was very tasty, and for $7, a nice value too. Ordered a plate of beignets that were hot and fresh, and covered with powdered sugar...awesome with a cup of coffee sitting on the balcony in the shade on a July morning! We will be back for lunch or dinner sometime soon! Note, breakfast starts at 9:00 a.m. on the weekend.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Although eating on the balcony and enjoying the square, the food was quite average . I ordered the Dirty Shrimp and my sister ordered the Shrimp and Grits. Both were bland in taste and no imagination. Not Creole food for sure! I also ordered a martini that was served in a plastic martini glass! The service was very good, I must say but the overall experience was a disappointment.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the Jambalaya. It was unique and tasty. The crawfish dip was also very good. Eating dinner on the balcony was nice to see the small town. I ordered a Hurricane but is was not good and served in a pilsner glass.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This place is nestled in the quaint town of Dahlanega, GA which is steeped in all types of history. The menu had a very good variety of food on it from appetizers and salads, to burgers and many different types of seafood.

They fashion themselves (their theme is) after Bourbon Street out of New Orleans, LA.

We had the Crafish Dip which was a little spicy for my wife, however, since I like spicy food, was fine for me. They served it with homemade pita points. I had the Crawfish Po Boy. I think that there could have been quite a bit more served on it, but it was very tasty. I found it tasted better with the homemade cocktail sauce that I had them bring to me. It was served with kettle chips, which were crunchy and good. We also had their guacamole, which we ordered a side of. It was freshly made and good.

One of my friends had the Jambaylaya and added shrimp. He liked it and his wife had the Shrimp and Grits. She thought it was good, but could have been better if they mixed in the shrimp and let it simmer a bit instead of just placing the shrimp on top of the grits.

We came with two children. One of them had the noodles with butter, she really liked it - how do you screw that up? The other one had the seafood appetizer, he didn't know it was all fried so he really didn't like it. His parents ate some of it, they said it was good. I myself am not big on fried food, so I wasn't thrilled. If you like fried food, those around me said it was worth it.

For dessert I had the Bananas Foster. Though it was good, it was not one of the best that I've had. The others had the Key Lime pie and Banana Bread pudding and said they were very satisfied.

All-in-all, I would definitely eat there again.

Been to Bourbon Street Grille? Share your experiences!