“very friendly staff, and their bathroom is in an old jail”
Review of The Corkscrew Cafe

The Corkscrew Cafe
Ranked #12 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located just off the square in Dahlonega next to the Historic Holly Theater, the Corkscrew Cafe offers American Cuisine with a modern and creative twist. Trout, Eggplant Mascarpone and Nut Crusted Pork Chop are a few of our signature items as well as Steaks, Appetizers and "To Die For" Desserts! The extensive wine list features Georgia wines, as well as other quality selections from around the world. The dining room and patio make an ideal setting for casual fine dining and good times with friends, family and business associates. Live music on most Friday and Saturday nights. Monthly Wine Diners and Tastings available. Large Parties welcomed, reservations recommended. "Dining with a Twist" for 12 years in North Georgia. Come join Us!
Birmingham, Alabama
“very friendly staff, and their bathroom is in an old jail”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and stopped here after reading good reviews. The staff was very friendly and gave us a mini history lesson on the restaurant and how it was a working jail until the 1960's. My kid's favorite part was using their bathroom and seeing the old jail. My mother in law and I really loved the she crab soup. I wish I had some right now. The humus was also good. My husband was not too impressed with the expensive filet.

1 Thank amyw2012

Atlanta, Ga
“Nice Food, Lousy Atmosphere, Too Expensive”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The food here is perfectly fine. Good even, though certainly not inspired or inspiring. Plus, at this price point (some entrees over $30.) I expect that I'm also paying for the dining experience. Cheap, flimsy silverware, cafeteria quality plates, ugly tablecloths and paper napkins don't really make for a fine dining experience. When I said I was allergic to milk and needed a salad dressing without cheese, the only thing on offer were cheap cruets of oil and vinegar. The chef couldn't make a decent vinaigrette? The service was okay. Our waitress seemed inexperienced - forgot some things we asked for and never once came to the table to ask if we needed anything or if things were okay. Will not go back.

• Visited March 2014
“Scrumptious food and fantastic staff!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Our second visit did not let us down! First, the manager and waiter were incredibly friendly, attentive and knowledgable about food, wine and the surrounding area. The locally baked table bread and pesto are out of this world. The eggplant dish and orange dressing on the salad were delicious and the tastiness of the Nutella creme brûlée goes without saying. Wow! What a meal for a good price serves by a warm staff. Will return!

1 Thank Amy H
Cleveland, Georgia
“Every bite was delish!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Don’t let the small space lead you away from the wonderful food served here. The service was friendly, informed and “on time”. The food was very good; we started with the Shrimp dip and it was delish. He ordered the fillet, I had the tuna and both were excellent. We paired it with a local wine which made it just fabulous. We are going back!

1 Thank Brenda D
Dahlonega
“Awesome Service!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My first time eating at Cork Screw.. Loved the atmosphere and the Service was excellent. Had the Grilled Chicken Salad. It was very good! Loved the little bread stacks that came with it

• Visited January 2014

Been to The Corkscrew Cafe? Share your experiences!