“Great find!”
Review of The Corkscrew Cafe

The Corkscrew Cafe
Ranked #12 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located just off the square in Dahlonega next to the Historic Holly Theater, the Corkscrew Cafe offers American Cuisine with a modern and creative twist. Trout, Eggplant Mascarpone and Nut Crusted Pork Chop are a few of our signature items as well as Steaks, Appetizers and "To Die For" Desserts! The extensive wine list features Georgia wines, as well as other quality selections from around the world. The dining room and patio make an ideal setting for casual fine dining and good times with friends, family and business associates. Live music on most Friday and Saturday nights. Monthly Wine Diners and Tastings available. Large Parties welcomed, reservations recommended. "Dining with a Twist" for 12 years in North Georgia. Come join Us!
Smyrna, Georgia
“Great find!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

On a recent trip to Dahlonega, GA to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary, we were looking for a nice place to have dinner. The Corkscrew definitely was a great find! We made a reservation the night before, and were seated immediately(even a few minutes early), our servers were helpful, answered all of our questions about menu options. The pecan encrusted pork chop was outstanding. The outdoor seating, beautiful weather, great live music, amazing food - all added up to a 5 star evening!

Big Canoe, Georgia
“A Rare Find”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After a bad experience with Le Vigne Restaurant, my wife and I decided to revisit The Corkscrew in downtown Dahlonega. We had not been there since I last taught at North Georgia College.
Katrina, the waitperson, was knowledgeable about the menu and recommended the duck salad. Not being familiar with some of the wines offered, I asked for a recommendation and was served a wonderful local rose from Three Sisters Vineyards. The owner came to the table to ask about the salad and the wine. My wife and I are imports from Northern California and have experience with the wine industry. The owner shared his experience with wines from Georgia and the winetasting offered at The Corkscrew.
We will be returning to The Corkscrew and making it our favorite lunch stop.

Marietta, Georgia
“YUM”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Corkscrew café is by far one of the best meals my wife and I have ever had. Very clean, very professional, and inside and outside seating. The owner, Rob, went from table to table to make sure everyone was taken care of. A truly pleasant experience, we will def be coming back. EXCELLENT

Tampa, Florida
“Small, creative-small bathroom local wine”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Okay, so what gives this place the top notch star is that the server was able to answer upon question, what local wines do you carry and cater to my taste. I ended up loving three sisters winery wines. Couldn't wait to go to the winery afterwards on a limited time schedule. Ordered fresh Gulfcoast red snapper, cause I'm a Gulf Coast kind of girl, it was above average-a bit salty. But overall a great local experience. Would I go there again? Yes, for lunch maybe-but there's so many choices in Dahlonega...I'm sorry Corckscrew I'm going to have to try some more. But thanks for the great service!

Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Amazing surprise!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I were on vacation in Dahlonega and wanted to eat somewhere that wasn't a chain or fast food. I actually got on TripAdvisor and looked up restaurants in the area and this one came up. It was nearby and after reading the reviews we decided to come try it out, and boy are we gald we did! This little place is in a great location and has AMAZING FOOD! My boyfriend and I are big foodies and are always trying new places, but this one blew us away!

We actually chose to sit out on the deck, which was a decent size and we ended up having it alone for most of our meal (as we went on a Tuesday night).

But the food was supurb! I would call it gourmet food. Everything that we ate was delicious and we wanted seconds and thirds of everything! It was a bit pricey (our bill was around $70 for two people with NO ALCOHOL (only water)) but it was worth every penny. The stuffed mushroom was AMAZING and I had the grilled rainbow trout with a garden salad and he had the porkchop with French Onion soup. Wow, I mean, wow! I think anything your order you won't be disappointed.

I have nothing bad to say about this place besides the fact that we couldn't afford to eat there on a regular basis, haha! But if we could, we would.

• Visited August 2013

Been to The Corkscrew Cafe? Share your experiences!