“Could not have been better!”

Long Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 20, 2008

What can I say--this bed and breakfast was quite possibly the best decision my wife and I could have made when considering where to stay to close out our honeymoon. Being married in MN (my wife's from GA) we decided to spend a couple of days in the mountains before having a reception in Athens for those who couldn't make the trip. We selected Long Mountain after reading all of the great reviews and it lived up to and surpassed our expectations.

Being off-season for tourists and during the middle of the week, we had the whole place to ourselves for both nights! Dianne treated us like family--we felt like we had known her for years! The food was absolutely amazing, and she was able to tell us about all sorts of local attractions, both in Dahlonega and in the surrounding area, that we would find interesting. We're both into wine tasting and she personally called the wineries to make sure they were open and let them know we were coming (again, this being off season and mid week). I'd definitely recommend checking them out while you are in the area.

We liked it so much, in fact, that upon leaving we bought my wife's parents a gift certificate so they can experience it too! We will be returning as soon as we are able.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 28, 2008

We stayed at Long Mountain Lodge twice - once for New Year's Eve 2007-08, and once for our wedding weekend (we got married at Frogtown Winery). Both times we stayed there we had such an enjoyable time. Long Mountain Lodge is the perfect place to stay for a romantic getaway in Northern Georgia. It's close to the Dahlonega town square as well as the wineries. The rooms have the perfect balance of private/romantic/cozy (e.g. fireplace ready to be lit, spa tub and bath robes) and creature comforts (e.g. wireless internet, dvd players). The Lodge has a room filled with board games and DVDs. There is a trout pond at the bottom of the hill. And the homemade breakfast every morning, consisting of several courses, is simply fantastic. Dianne, the innkeeper and owner, used to own a restaurant; the breakfast changes daily. Dianne is unbelievably friendly and helpful. Her hospitality is second to none. For example, we rented the whole lodge for our wedding, and Dianne printed directions for every room to the winery. For New Year's Eve, we returned to the room to find a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us. We highly recommend Long Mountain Lodge; we plan to stay again in the future.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank We_Love_Key_West
Reviewed November 18, 2008

We had a business retreat at the Long Mountain Lodge and it was such a refreshing change of pace. The views were lovely, the environment was relaxing and cozy, the rooms were wondeful- including a great view and a fireplace, our hiking and biking excursions were nice breaks in between our meetings, our meeting space was comfortable, the food was excellent, and the staff was very warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Long Mountain Lodge for a business retreat.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 15, 2008

Spectacular is the best description of my experience at the Long Mountain Lodge. I was looking for a restful place, something remote but not too far from Dahlonega, and I was luck in this find. The lodge itself is extremely warm and welcoming with its large great room flowing into the kitchen and dining room. All of the rooms have an exquisite view of the mountains. My room on the lower level was very cozy and romantic with it's fireplace, large bathroom with jaccuzi tub and show and private porch overlooking the mountains. Walking paths directed you to 2 ponds where you could sit and rest, read a book or just listen to the wind bristling through the trees or the water cascading over the small waterfall. Dianne, the owner, was a pleasure to meet and speak with, and oh, what a chef. Breakfast was unbelievable with homemade muffins, french toast, eggs and sausage, and much more. Small touches were everywhere --- wine and cheese in the late afternoon, plush, plush towels, robes and bedding. And did I mention excellent mattresses? I have back problems and finding great beds are difficult to the say the least on the road. My plan? Return more often and stay much longer.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 10, 2008

My in-laws stayed at the Long Mountain Lodge about 3 months ago and decided to take my husband and I up there this past weekend. We had the most wonderful time. The lodge is beautiful and peaceful. The owners are warm and truly made us feel at home. The breakfast was my favorite part. We had the most delicious warm baked pears. She is simply a wonderful cook. I HIGHLY recommend the Lodge as well as the cabin which is where we stayed. It's huge and if you have a large family, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 1, 2008

Six of us took a trip to Dahlonega Georgia to celebrate my brother's birthday and to enjoy some of the wineries in the area. We got online and found Long Mountain Lodge. The website was very easy to use and informative. We booked three rooms for one night and headed to Georgia. Upon arriving we were met by Diane who was very gracious and showed us around the lodge and to our rooms. What a beautiful place, each room had a fireplace already set up to be used. There was bottled water in each room along with some delicious chocolate. We put our things away and met in the main room where Diane offered several different kinds of wines and a cheese tray. I asked her for a recommendation for dinner and she told us that the Corkscrew restaurant in downtown Dahlonega was a good place. She then called and got a reservation for us. This is just and example of the level of service we received there. I have been to places where it seemed the hosts were just doing a job but Diane ant Tim really seemed to want us to enjoy our stay. With out a doubt they are the most hospitable bed and breakfast couple I have ever seen. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2008

The Lodge is beautifully furnished and in a beautiful and serene setting about 15 minutes from the center of town. The 3 course breakfast was wonderful. In addition, Dianne bakes chocolate chip cookies and sets them out with sherry and apples. In the afternoon she has wine, cheese and crackers. The library has a small refrigerator with complimentary drinks and microwave popcorn. We were there for 6Gap bike event and the owners went out of their way to prepare an additional early breakfast for all of the riders. We have already reserved for 6Gap next year!

Stayed: September 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge

Been to Long Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!