“50th Anniversary”

Long Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We filled all the rooms at the lodge and the cabin with family and friends to help us celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Everyone in our group was very happy with our accommodations. Dianne's breakfasts were delicious. I can't wait to try some of Dianne's recipes in her latest cookbook. We highly recommend Long Mountain Lodge!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
longmountain, Owner at Long Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for bringing your family to stay at our B & B last weekend. We enjoyed getting to know you and your lovely family. Congratulations on your 50th anniversary! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Can't say enough about the hospitality here - Dianne, Tim and Don do a great job welcoming guests, feeding guests, and taking care of guests. We had a couple of mishaps during our visit, and Dianne and Tim handled it all with calmness and grace, and took great care of us the entire time. Dianne's gourmet breakfasts are terrific, but visiting with her each morning was even more fun. We felt like we made new friends on this trip, and can't wait to go back to Long Mountain Lodge. Don't let the directions/distance from town dissuade you - it's an easy drive, and not as far as you think, especially after you drive it once or twice. There are lots of signs to guide you, too.
We stayed in the Campbell Mountain Suite downstairs in the main B&B by the library/game room, and it was perfect. Private, fantastic views, even an outside entrance, if you want it. The room was spotlessly clean, and the bed was soft, yet firm.
My husband loved the cherry coffee one morning. There were also evening appetizers & wine and cheese; chocolates each night; bottled waters in your room; complimentary sodas, water, etc. upstairs.
You just can't find a better place than Dianne and Tim have created here in the north Georgia mountains. Don't miss it!!! We can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room. But, we liked the Campbell Mountain Suite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
longmountain, Owner at Long Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! We sure did have an unusual week and appreciate your kindness and understanding as we were trying to repair the damage caused by a broken water pipe on the other side of the lodge. Thankfully we are almost completely back to normal with new drywall and paint repairs. We sure look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I wanted a quick holiday getaway and I stumbled upon the perfect location at Long Mountain Lodge. We stayed in the Quinn room and it was so inviting and relaxing. I did not want to get out of the comfy bed each morning but forced myself so as not to miss Diane's breakfast. Diane is an awesome chef. I cannot say enough about the wonderful breakfasts she prepared. The pears with vanilla sauce keeps popping up in my mind. So yummy!
I am not an outdoors person but loved the walk to the pond. The area is so peaceful. Both Diane and Don draw excellent maps and give excellent directions. Our 3 day stay was perfect!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hope you are keeping warm in Saint Louis! Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review. We enjoyed meeting you both and would love to see you again when you decide to visit the North Georgia Mountains again. We wish you a happy and peaceful new year!

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We had gone on a 25th anniversary tip to Savannah and stayed at a B &B there. Long mountain lodge was even better! For our 40th we were not disappointed. Fabulous food and accomodations! Diane and Don made us feel at home. She even did all of the work and obtained Holly Theater tickets for the production "Mame". Wonderful time. Plan to return next year !!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We hope to see you again on your 41st! (Next year's December performance at the Holly Theater "Irving Berlin's White Christmas".)

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Lodge is VERY nice, warm and welcoming. A new comer to Select Registry and definitely worthy of the honor. Very relaxing, tranquil view from back porch. Breakfast was great . Big varieties of teas, chocolate and even cherry coffee. Afternoon wine and cheese. Don was very knowledgeable and helpful in providing trails / waterfalls to visit. His leads were accurate and worth visiting (except perhaps the Raven Cliff Falls). I am not a big waffle eater, but have to admit, the waffles was the most delicate and BEST waffles I ever ate. The baked pear with vanilla almond sauce: also very different and tasty. We stayed in the 3 bedroom / 2 bath cabin with fireplace and fire ring. Sleeps 6 comfortably. It is 4.8 mile from Hwy 19. Come relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: Lodges with leather Love Seat are nicer to me, although some people may prefer rocker
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! Please come back and see us when you are in the Georgia Mountains again. I'm so happy that you were able to relax and enjoy the beauty of our surrounding area and our quaint town.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Wonderful Hospitality by Diane Q, Owner of this wonderful establishment. She honored a mess up by Expedia for the whole 3 days my family & I stayed at the cabin (3/2 with 3 queen beds; sleeps 6) and served us her mouth watering scrumptious breakfasts @ the Lodge.
This is a first class establishment, breathtaking views of the mountains right outside our cabin (elevation 1,675+). Amazing waterfalls in the area and friendly town folk. Being from the city, my family and I were scared to be out after dark as there are no lights on the roads or the steep driveway @ our cabin....but we used the fully furnished kitchen and used Diane's two cookbooks with her wonderful recipes.

Room Tip: Private, Secluded, Peaceful at the Cabin on Long Mountain Lodge
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I really enjoyed getting to know your family! Next time the driveway won't seem so daunting to you and we sure hope that you consider coming back to see us again. Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We spent a week visiting the No Georgia mtns and stayed at Long Mountain Lodge for 2 nights in the Whissenhunt Suite. Our room was spacious and we slept comfortably and the Inn was quiet, even when full. We enjoyed having an area where we could watch tv without being in bed (I might recommend having a loveseat, rather than the seat in the room, but that's a minor quibble). Most of the time we were out enjoying the beautiful area including the hikes so we didn't get to spend too much time relaxing at the Inn, but the view from the porch looked great and the Lodge is cozy. We loved driving by the burro on our way up to the Inn--not something you see every day! Dianne had terrific recommendations for dining (Italian one night, Irish pub the next) and her breakfasts were so very delicious. I loved them so much, I had to buy her Lodge cookbook. Before our stay, I would have said I'm not a waffle person, now that I've had Dianne's waffles, there's just no comparison to waffles I've eaten before. Don was a great resource for our hikes and we made the most of our time by following his lead. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Long Mtn Lodge and out of the 4 places we visited during our week long Georgia visit, I was the most comfortable here & it was my favorite place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen D

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you were able to experience some of our favorite hikes and restaurants. I'm glad you enjoyed my breakfasts and the waffles! We look forward to seeing you when you are in north Georgia again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#3 of 8 in Dahlonega
Lily Creek Lodge
Lily Creek Lodge
#8 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Long Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!