“Unimpressed with second visit”
Review of The Crimson Moon

The Crimson Moon
Ranked #21 of 85 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Crimson Moon-where the creative spirit shines... We offer organic coffee, tasty southern cuisine, and live music in one of the oldest buildings on the historic Dahlonega square. We are the Southeasts most intimate music venue.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

First of all, we waited at least 20-25 minutes before the food came out. Apparently we arrived right as they were hit with a rush. I ordered the ham sandwich special, which said it included tomatoes. I expected slices, but instead upon inspection of my sandwich, found only a few tiny bits. It had way too much ham on it. My husband's turkey sandwich was on soggy, white, untoasted bread. We had eaten there once before and enjoyed it, but next time we will try somewhere else. Our waitress was very friendly.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The atmosphere is cute but the coffee tastes like hog piss. I usually prefer local places to chains but in this case the Starbucks next to the bookstore really is better.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Filled with college kids and excellent live music on weekends this is a fun place to have breakfast or lunch. They make a great cup of coffee and wonderful breakfasts. Grab a cappuccino to walk around downtown Dahlonega

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had dinner and drinks upstairs on the porch overlooking the square. The food was delicious and the bartender up there was also my waitress. She was outstanding - handling a good sized gathering by herself.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I dined here on a Saturday night with my mother in law and sister in law. We were in the area for a wine festival and we chose The Crimson Moon Cafe for an early dinner. We all enjoyed our meals very much. They both had the vegetable ragout and I had the small spinach salad with a scoop of the tarragon chicken salad. Everything was great! We split a piece of carrot cake for dessert and it was outstanding! Our waitress was friendly and attentive. She told us that her mother made both the carrot cake and the chicken salad! We were there early, so we did not get to hear any live music, which I believe started around 7:00 that night. I would imagine that it would be pretty loud in the main dining room during a performance (we heard the musician tuning and warming up prior to his performance), so you may want to go early or request a seat in a different location.