“Not a great breakfast”

Ranked #22 of 85 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Crimson Moon-where the creative spirit shines... We offer organic coffee, tasty southern cuisine, and live music in one of the oldest buildings on the historic Dahlonega square. We are the Southeasts most intimate music venue.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I saw the breakfast menu and thought it would be worth a try. Pretty disappointed. The cook could use a few lessons: over easy eggs were done through and through; I ordered roasted red peppers in my omelet and got red onion instead; the home-made biscuit was tough (over kneaded probably); and the home fries were really dry.

I don't think we will be going back there for breakfast; but might try it out in the evening for the entertainment next time.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

While in town for one night, to celebrate a special occasion my husband and I heard the music and went in to listen for a while.. the musicians "the buttermilk revival" were playing some wonderful bluegrass music... we ordered cappuccinos that were really good.. Service was really really slow, young man waiting on our table was seen twice once to bring the coffee secondly to bring the check... that really bugs me, it seemed to be a full house and the setting a older wooden floor type large room with tables perfect place to see good music preformed live... We loved this band and plan to see them again hopefully... I can say I suggest Crimson Moon, if for nothing more than coffee and music which was enough for me :)

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Whilst on a recent trip tfrom the UK to visit friends in Gainesville we went to The Crimson Moon twice. The first time we saw an excellent band (Woody Pines) and had a great meal. The atmosphere was great and we had a wonderful evening.
A couple of weeks later we were there again. This time was also good but the atmosphere was more subdued as the band were much less enthusiastic!
The 'Moon' will always be on my list of places to visit when in Georgia!
Don't miss a visit when in Dahlonega.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The food is always good, but I will never come back! The service here is terrible! Messed up food, rude waitiss And our food came out 15 min after the people that got here 20 to 25 min after! Just plain RUDE

2  Thank Doodlewill
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We are local and go here fairly regularly for simple fare and simple music. Love the creativity of the owners and the musicians who share their gifts there. Top porch is great for people-watching on the Square.