“Worth the short drive”
Review of The Oar House - CLOSED

The Oar House
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an Event Venue on the River. Groups, Weddings, Corporate events or any event
Fort Myers, Florida
“Worth the short drive”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Not very far out of town, maybe 5 miles, but worth it. Really good food and great atmoshere. Had wonderfully seasoned trout dinner and steak tips sandwich....excellent quality.

Visited August 2012

Naples, Florida
“Maybe I was expecting too much?”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I've been there before, with very fond memories, but had not been back in awhile. Two couples went on a Wednesday night. We were looking forward to dining by river, but there had been a storm that afternoon (weather was perfect when we got there) and the outside dining was closed). They put us at a table near the window, but wasn't the same. Except for my wife, the rest of us are beer drinkers. Especially prefer draft beer. Well, their draft beer thingy was broken so we had bottled beer. It was the exact same kind of beer, but wasn't the same. (My wife had wine and liked it very much.) The appetizer was very good. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we all cleaned our plates. No one really gushed about their meal though. My steak was prepared very well, but seemed smaller than advertised. My friend ordered the evening seafood special but they ran out - they substitued and he liked it, but wasn't the same. Maybe we were expecting too much. I really would recommend this place, and will certainly return. Service was OK, but for as empty as the place was it could have been better. I think everyone would have had at least 1 more drink if he had come around more often.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for oysters at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I ate here recently on a trip to Dahlonega. I had oyster rockefeller for an appetizer and followed that up with a cup of their clam chowder. Both were amazing! I didn't like my entree that much and considering it was a special I was disappointed. But overall it was very good.

atlanta Ga
“unique”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Such a lovely setting just off one of the mountain roads in Dahlonega. It drew me in as I heard that it's the place to go for trout and how I love trout. For some reason I was thinking it would be fried so when it was served with this buttery baked sauce..I have to say...I was disappointed and could not eat it..no taste..rather "blah".

I don't "think" it said how it was prepared on the menu and I should have asked...It would be most helpful as I would NOT order trout served this way. It's not that it wasn't good....just don't particularly like it served this way. I'd like to have that option.

I did see the certificates on the wall: Best of Dahlonega, etc....but one has to remember....there's the Smith House and some Mexican place on the square and this place....The service was top notch and friendly and the parking lot was full.

I think it's a lovely place to introduce friends or family visiting the Atlanta area to a touch of the mountains and atmosphere....but the question for me is: would I make an effort to go back?....don't think so....start frying the trout....and YES..I'll come back..

• Visited July 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I would rate the restaurant just okay. Food was just okay. Waiter was really slow and we had to wait a long time to even get our water. Would not go back.

• Visited July 2012