“Typical Country Buffet”

Ranked #35 of 86 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cleveland, Georgia
“Typical Country Buffet”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Predictable "local" buffet with the usual. Food was good. I especially liked the fried chicken. It seemed a little pricey for what was offered. The ambience is average, but it seemed clean enough. It has an accessible location and seems to be popular with locals.

Visited May 2014

“Third time for dinner”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Now before I start I only ate once off the buffet and it was good I did not experience any of the problems others have had. I have visited Dahlonega for at least the last 20 years and always passed Danny's but never ate there. The first time was a few months ago and there were 4 of us that went. We ordered off the menu and everything was delicious for everybody so we decided to stop there every time we are in the area. This trip we stopped twice for dinner and were not disappointed. Glad I tried it for myself.

1 Thank FJSIII
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The breakfast is excellent. Ordered two eggs country ham, grits and hash browns. The country ham portion was huge and tasty! Coffee was good and flowing. Our waitress was a little bothered but the other ladies made up for her distraction. Overall very good and recommended for breakfast.

1 Thank NJOYNC2CA
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Not So Good.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The place was clean and the young lady that greated us was frendly, but the food was not so good. It is buffett style or you can order from the menu. We chose to get the buffett. I had a fried chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, lima beans, corn bread and strawbreey pie. The crust on the chicken was flavorless - no salt, pepper on any other seasoning detected. It was the same with the other items too. The potatoes were thin and soupy and the gravy was packaged. The corn bread wasn't bad and the tea was pretty good. The strawberry pie was not good at all. It look great but I was surely dissappointed. The glaze for the strawbreeies was right out of a package and left a bad after taste. My husband's order was similar except he ordered itilian style green beans and pecan pie. The beans again had no flavor other than the can in which the were packaged. The pecan pie on the other hand was terrific. So all in all just go some where else unless they change cooks...

Visited June 2014
1 Thank christymomof7
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Worst I have ever tasted”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

After reading the other reviews, I should have tried breakfast. We went for dinner on a Thursday night. We ate from what they call "The Cafeteria Menu" I can only describe it as disgusting. Dry turkey, beef that didn't look like beef, instant mashed potatoes, canned grey green beans, canned peas. Our bill for 2 meals was over $30. I would be tempted to try their breakfast menu based on good reviews, but don't want to waste any more money there. I hope this is not the best in Dahlonega which is what they advertise...

• Visited May 2014