“Average All The Way”

El Jimador
Ranked #29 of 85 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We loved the chips & the salsa was excellent! The draft beer was flat, and it didn't get fixed while we were there. The taquitos were good. The service left a lot to be desired. There were a lot of young girls working that weren't too knowledgeable about the menu items or quick to get back to you. It was Karaoke night while we were there, and that was entertaining. Overall, it was ok, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to return

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Good food, excellent service. Limited parking in front of the restaurant but ample parking after dinner hours across the street. Reasonable prices, maragaritas...marginal. Chip and salsa excellent....fajitas three ways-a bit dry but worthwhile. I was in the mood for chili rellenos but there were 86'ed that night. Might be an overall reason for my okay review.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Lately they have raised their prices a bit, but you still get a great del for your money (certainly it's cheaper than most sit down places in Dahlonega). The servers are always friendly and generally very helpful. I think that the food is great, typical American-style Mexican food. Also, the drinks are good and well priced. Great place on a college budget

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very nice and inexpensive entrees; the (home made daily) dark chile chipolte mole sauce is a must: ask for it as a side at any meal; now that all the restaurants in Dahlonega have decided not to serve anything breakfast like after 11AM, this is the only place for 3 eggs mexican way at anytime of day unless you want to drive to the intersection of 400 for the Waffle house.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had a late lunch here. Great Mexican food. Our waitress Melinda was cute, helpful and efficient. All staff were just great. Explained each item, helped us decide. I had a big bowl of Country Soup. The flavor was memorable. Just the right thing on a chilly day. Very large portions, had to get a "To Go" box...

Been to El Jimador? Share your experiences!