“Decent food, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Caruso's Italian Grill - CLOSED

Caruso's Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Excellent food!
“Decent food, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My family went to Carusos for lunch while in town one day of our vacation but left disappointed. The pizza my mom & I shared was good but unfortunately everyone else's meal was far from. My one niece got baked ziti that was topped w/ a lot of crushed tomatoes covering the taste of anything else in the dish, my other niece got fettucini Alfredo which was somehow flavorless even though there was plenty of sauce on it. I would return for the pizza but probably to anything else.

Visited March 2013

Maylene, Alabama
“Our Traditional First Meal When In Dahlonega”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been traveling to Dahlonega for over twenty years and have kind of developed a tradition of eating our first meal here. Why you might ask? The consistent good food at a fair price keeps us coming back. It is almost like comfort food. We know we can walk in and get a good pasta dish. We have tried most of their pasta dishes, but have never had their pizza.

I will agree with other reviewers that it is time for an update and general good cleaning, but if you are in need of good food and do not care about atmosphere this is the place. I would not recommend it for a romantic dinner due to the facts it can get noisy and the tables are close together!

• Visited March 2013
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Great pizza and friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My two brothers and I enjoyed the food and drinks here while in town for a family get together. Although we had never been here, we were treated like regulars by the staff and other customers, many of whom were from the local college. A very nice place to relax and enjoy the pizza and refreshments. I recommend it.

• Visited February 2013
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Great pizza & sandwiches”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great pizza & Sandwiches, but not my favorite place for dinner, gets rather noisy and service can be slow. They do have music (mostly loud music when I've been there).

Visited August 2012
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Good Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family has eaten at Caruso's Italian Grill 5 times. The atmosphere is not the best but we have found a somethings on the menu that we really like. The fried ravioli appetizer is delicious. We also like a pasta dish that they have as their special occasionally, it is a penne pasta with a pesto sauce and grilled chicken, we really love it!! They do not serve bread with their entrees and the salad is just a bagged salad with dressing. The service is OK, but on our last time dinning there on a Sunday afternoon, the staff was all huddled around the bar, talking and wasn't as attentive as they should have been. We will go back to Caruso's but I wish they would update their decor and have bread available for dinner.

Visited December 2012