“Perfect Romantic and Relaxing Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect Romantic and Relaxing Getaway”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I highly recommend the Mountain Laurel Creek Inn and Spa. It's a lovingly created masterpiece of charming surroundings with great care provided by the owners, David and Dennis. The breakfast each morning was outstanding! We started our 2 night stay, after having been warmly greeted by David, with a fabulous hour and one half couples massage. That was followed by a trip to the hot tub and pool which is surrounded by beautiful landscaping, views of the Appalachian mountains and the several gorgeous outdoor seating areas. Upon the owner's recommendation, we went to a Seafood restaurant in Dahlonega that was quite good. Let's talk about the bedding next - the mattress was like a hug and the sheets soft as a cloud. The owners even brought us breakfast in our room on the first morning. We stayed in the Mountain View room and it was not only well-appointed from a view standpoint, but the room was crafted with a lot of attention to detail for what guests would need during their stay. Each afternoon, the owners bake yummy treats for the guests (oatmeal, chocolate coconut cookies the first night and pecan pie squares the next). We also liked the Copper Penny Bar with beer wine and champagne. The B&B is conveniently located near Dahlonega, lots of gorgeous North Georgia waterfalls and great shopping at the Dawsonville Outlets (especially on a holiday weekend when the deals are outrageously good - check the N. GA Premium Outlet's website for VIP coupons to bring with you before you go shopping). We had a wonderful and romantic stay and will go back to visit this B&B and David and Dennis again. ~ Mimi

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mimi_East_Atl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Highly recommend this B&B for any type of trip/celebration/adventure. The property includes a small bar, breakfast area, common areas for reading/tv, outdoor seating, what appeared to be a vineyard, pool/hot tub, and nature path, all meticulously maintained. I've probably omitted some amenities as we didn't get to stay very long. This would be our first choice for another trip to North GA.

Room Tip: The Parlor Suite was well-appointed and spacious.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha_Harrell_GA
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I, which is now my fiancé, stayed in this wonderful B&B for two nights at the beginning of August. When we pulled up and walked inside, we knew we were in a very special place. The grounds are beautiful, peaceful, well maintained, and it is very apparent that Dennis and David take pride in their B&B. When we arrived, we were greeted by the owner, given a tour of the house, and then led to our room on the second floor, which was the Vineyard Room. The Vineyard Room was perfect and has a wonderful little balcony that overlooks a small vineyard and garden. The room is private, cozy, and equipped with everything one could possibly want while on vacation, including a comfortable bed for sleeping. I fell in love with the body wash supplied for guests...definitely spa quality. It was so peaceful sitting on the balcony in the mornings drinking coffee, waiting for the sun to rise, and always exciting to see what was going to be served for breakfast. The breakfast both days was absolutely exquisite. Our second day in Dahlonega was a day I will never forget, because my boyfriend proposed to me at Wolf Mountain Vineyards. On a side note, I highly recommend making a reservation for lunch at the Vineyard Café at Wolf Mountain. Anyways, when we arrived back at the B&B, we were congratulated several times by the owners and were surprised when we were given a wonderful glass of champagne while relaxing at the pool area, where we spent a great deal of our time relaxing. I could go on and on with so many wonderful things to say about this B&B. I know we will definitely be back and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great, relaxing place to stay. Thank you Dennis and David for making our stay truly perfect!

Room Tip: Vineyard room is great and very private.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited over the July 4th holiday weekend in 2013. When we arrived, we were greeted by the owner, who was congenial and informative. He took the time to show us around the house before leading us to our room, the Dogwood, which was right off the pool area. I've never seen extravagance in a B&B of the kind I experienced when I stepped through the door. A heady, clean smell assaulted my senses and put me right at ease. Furnishings and decor reeked of taste and the toiletries and linens were the best of the best. It looked and felt like a five-star hotel but with more space and a more comfortable, relaxing atmosphere.

The bed was soft, warm, and cozy. Pillows were as fluffy as marshmallows and my head was cradled all night by their motherly embrace. Sheets that were softer than a chinchilla's fur stroked my skin and kept me in a realm of contentment as I slumbered.

Getting in the jacuzzi tub was an exercise in relaxation. Water was nice and hot, jets were powerful, and the soap smelled heavenly. After a long bath, you're invited to wrap yourself in large, thirsty towels and to lounge in a robe that, I guarantee, will be the softest you've ever had on your body. We were there for a number of days and I had the opportunity to try out the shower as well. Dispensers prevent the juggling of tiny bottles of shampoo and soap, and the concoction inside will leave your skin feeling like it's been pampered for weeks by a professional. Water pressure was spot on and I found myself not wanting to get out.

Their pool is heated and there's not a drop of chlorine to be found. It did wonders for my skin and hair. I hadn't felt so wrapped in luxury in a long while.

Seeing as this is a bed and breakfast, I think it's time to go into the food! Breakfast was brought to the table and served; unlike many others where it's buffet style. Each table had a gorgeous place setting and fresh flowers. I'm not keen on sitting with people I don't know and this B&B offers the perfect amount of separation between guests. You can talk to the folks at the table next to you without screaming, but you aren't forced to mingle if you don't want to. I'm a foodie at heart, and the fare prepared by the hosts was some of the most delicious I've ever put in my mouth. I've eaten at many five-star restaurants, and the Mountain Laurel Creek Inn was an experience in cuisine that could only be described as perfection.

If you're looking for a secluded getaway, you've stumbled on the right place! I can't say enough about the experience, and you can bet I'll be back again and again.

While we didn't get to try out the spa on our visit, I'm looking forward to taking advantage of that service in the future. If it's anything close to the quality of the room and food, I'm positive I'll love it.

Room Tip: The Dogwood room is the only one with direct pool access! Go for it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo M
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 6, 2013

From the moment my mom and I turned up the gravel driveway to the inn, we knew we were in for a treat. Dennis and David have created such a calm, peaceful oasis in the North Georgia mountains, and I can't wait to return the next time I am craving some rest and relaxation. What really separates this inn from others in the area are the details. Not only is the inn meticulously clean and furnished inside and out, but the proprietors have added an on-site pool, spa, pub, and hiking trail to help make your experience memorable. Oh, and the breakfast was so unique and delicious! I typically eat light breakfasts, but I happily gobbled up all of Dennis' whipped yogurt with granola and turkey sausage and egg phyllo wrap. If sausage and eggs aren't your thing, he's more than happy to accomodate any dietary preferences.

My mom and I rounded out our trip with an hour long couples massage, which was the perfect digestif to our indulgent wine weekend. I can't wait to return for a facial and another great experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauren A
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed August 1, 2013

On a girlfriends' getaway with my best female forever friend, we spent two nights in the Inn's Dancing Bear cottage. Beautifully and tastefully appointed with everything we could want, and the privacy to drink wine and laugh a lot as we are wont to do when we see each other. The massages were extremely well done by seasoned professionals; then there was the pool area - salt water pool, Jacuzzi and a lovely covered cabana for a nice nap. We saw two of the rooms at the inn (also quite inviting-looking, and I think a gourmet breakfast is included). The hosts anticipate one's needs and respond efficiently to special requests. I'd return, as my BFFF is doing soon with her BMFF for their anniversary....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ruth S
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our stay at the Mt. Laurel Creek Inn & Spa couldn't have been more enjoyable. We were greeted by Dennis who made us feel welcome every day in so many ways. He recommended places to eat (there are so many), and things to do. Our room was beautifully decorated and had an outside balcony overlooking the garden, a quiet and peaceful spot to reflect or read. The artwork all around the inn was a delight. The grounds and setting are peaceful, but wonderful to explore and look at. Breakfasts were a work of art and delicious! We will return!

Room Tip: We didn't use the fitness center or the spa. To choose a room, go online and look at the picture...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2013teach23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 9 in Dahlonega
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen

Been to Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!