Cedar House Inn & Yurts
Days Inn Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$81
Quality Inn Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$70
QualityInn
$115
$121
$102
HIExpress.com
The Smith House(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$171
Motel Inn(Dahlonega)
$75
$65
$109
Orbitz.com
Park Place Hotel(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$109
$68
Quality Inn & Suites(Dawsonville)(Great Value!)
$81
QualityInn
All reviewschickadee roomcookiesbluebird roomcardinal suitechai teab bwonderful hostsother guestsvegetarian breakfastgreat conversationmy husband and iinteresting peoplebanana breadold friendsget awayfresh fruitadirondack chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My husband and I were able to take a night away from our kids to stay with Fred adn Mary in their Yurt. It was a wonderfully peaceful experience. We loved the sounds of nature as we sat inside out Yurt playing games and enjoying our get away. Breakfast was amazing. We would recommend Cedar House Inn to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We booked our trip based on a friend's recomendation and it turned out to be an awesome weekend. Fred and Mary Beth are great hosts and very friendly. Mary Beth's breakfast is to die for. We had never stayed in a yurt before but it was far better than we expected. We stayed in the Hillside Yurt. It was very clean, cozy and romantic. There is also plenty to do in the surrounding area. We went shopping, hiking and also visited Wolf Mtn Winery (which I highly recommend). We will definitely go back and stay in the yurt again! We give it 5 stars!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2009

JEff and I came to stay for his bday...I surprised him with a weekend trip. It rained the whole weekend and we had the best time in our warm and cizy yurt, listening to the rain on the roof. The grounds wer beuatiful, the yurt so welcoming, and the hosts...well, what to say about Fred and Mary Beth. These two are incredible people, the kind you just feel lucky to meet. They really inspired us with their eco-activism and spritual outlook, things that we raraly find in many people we meet! Great dog, great company, great accomodations. We are officially yurt crazy now. And being vegan makes trips tough, but not here with Mary Beth's amazing breakfats and cookies :)

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2009

There are a lot of Bed & Breakfasts to choose from near and around Dahlonega, GA, but my wife and I never even consider staying anywhere else. In fact, Cedar House is the only inn we have ever gone to more than twice. We hope to be more frequent guests in the future.

Fred and Mary Beth are, plain and simple, great hosts who can help you make the most out of the always-too-short time you have to enjoy North Georgia. They combine hospitality, knowledge, and sincere pro-active environmental awareness. You can wander around Dahlonega, the mountains, and the wineries all day, and then relax in solitude or spend an evening in friendly conversation.

Cedar House is exactly the kind of weekend away or vacation that we want, and we will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Today, I am sitting in a yurt writing this article. I am not in Mongolia. I am not in the desert. I am in the mountains. I am in Dahlonega, Georgia, at the Cedar House Inn Bed and Breakfast. The owners/innkeepers, Fred and Mary Beth Tanner, are preparing breakfast. It will be quiche Florentine, fried green tomatoes, whole grain muffins, and fresh fruit. They are the sultans of their well-planned eco-friendly environment.

I am thrilled to be here. I have had “Georgia on my Mind” for the past few weeks. I follow the stone path through a wooded area to one of the two yurts available. It is warm and cozy. A simulated woodstove is flaming and providing a heat source just a few feet from me. The interior is beaming with bright colors and a queen-size bed. A saying that I heard on the streets of Kathmandu, Nepal, reverberates in my head, Opportunity comes, but does not linger. I book a second night and soak in the ambience. This may not be Mongolia, but I am sleeping in the round and loving it. I call all my family and friends and share my elation.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo