“Perfect Anniversary weekend getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar House Inn & Yurts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Cedar House Inn & Yurts
Ranked #2 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
MWhee80
“Perfect Anniversary weekend getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

We booked our trip based on a friend's recomendation and it turned out to be an awesome weekend. Fred and Mary Beth are great hosts and very friendly. Mary Beth's breakfast is to die for. We had never stayed in a yurt before but it was far better than we expected. We stayed in the Hillside Yurt. It was very clean, cozy and romantic. There is also plenty to do in the surrounding area. We went shopping, hiking and also visited Wolf Mtn Winery (which I highly recommend). We will definitely go back and stay in the yurt again! We give it 5 stars!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
marietta, ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

JEff and I came to stay for his bday...I surprised him with a weekend trip. It rained the whole weekend and we had the best time in our warm and cizy yurt, listening to the rain on the roof. The grounds wer beuatiful, the yurt so welcoming, and the hosts...well, what to say about Fred and Mary Beth. These two are incredible people, the kind you just feel lucky to meet. They really inspired us with their eco-activism and spritual outlook, things that we raraly find in many people we meet! Great dog, great company, great accomodations. We are officially yurt crazy now. And being vegan makes trips tough, but not here with Mary Beth's amazing breakfats and cookies :)

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Cary, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

There are a lot of Bed & Breakfasts to choose from near and around Dahlonega, GA, but my wife and I never even consider staying anywhere else. In fact, Cedar House is the only inn we have ever gone to more than twice. We hope to be more frequent guests in the future.

Fred and Mary Beth are, plain and simple, great hosts who can help you make the most out of the always-too-short time you have to enjoy North Georgia. They combine hospitality, knowledge, and sincere pro-active environmental awareness. You can wander around Dahlonega, the mountains, and the wineries all day, and then relax in solitude or spend an evening in friendly conversation.

Cedar House is exactly the kind of weekend away or vacation that we want, and we will definitely go back again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

Today, I am sitting in a yurt writing this article. I am not in Mongolia. I am not in the desert. I am in the mountains. I am in Dahlonega, Georgia, at the Cedar House Inn Bed and Breakfast. The owners/innkeepers, Fred and Mary Beth Tanner, are preparing breakfast. It will be quiche Florentine, fried green tomatoes, whole grain muffins, and fresh fruit. They are the sultans of their well-planned eco-friendly environment.

I am thrilled to be here. I have had “Georgia on my Mind” for the past few weeks. I follow the stone path through a wooded area to one of the two yurts available. It is warm and cozy. A simulated woodstove is flaming and providing a heat source just a few feet from me. The interior is beaming with bright colors and a queen-size bed. A saying that I heard on the streets of Kathmandu, Nepal, reverberates in my head, Opportunity comes, but does not linger. I book a second night and soak in the ambience. This may not be Mongolia, but I am sleeping in the round and loving it. I call all my family and friends and share my elation.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2009

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Fred and Mary Beth were wonderful hosts, providing welcome conversation and helpful information about the area, while at the same time giving us the space and privacy we wanted. The breakfasts were delicious. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

This ructic, cozy, and beautiful Bed and Breakfast provided a wonderful anniversary getaway.

The room was beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable. The water was hot, the fridge was cold, the heat worked and had in-room controls, the bed was comfortable, and the shower water spray was great.

Our room had a private entrance and patio as well as an entrance to the main common room of the B&B.

The breakfast was on time, hot, and tasty, they provided a nice menu.

Also I would comment that this B&B is in the mountains and was very peacful, quite and beautiful. If you are looking for a quite pretty peacful getaway this is your place! We will be back!

• Liked — Quite, Private, Beautiful rustic environment.
  • Disliked — Nothing - everything was great!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beaufort, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

My wife and I stayed in one of the yurts in November, and we loved the experience. If you've never stayed in a yurt, you should definitely give it a try. Very cozy and romantic. The owners are great people, the town of Dahlonega is beautiful and we loved the food. I can't say enough about the food. My wife, a vegan, had several dishes made just for her, each better than the next. Again, I can't recommend the place enough.

P.S. We left a book in the yurt, and the owners mailed it to us free of charge.

Stayed November 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Cedar House Inn & Yurts? Share your experiences!