“Fantastic brisket!”

Smoking Gold Barbeque
Ranked #16 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Taylorsville, Kentucky, United States
“Fantastic brisket!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Everything here, save for the potato salad, was fantastic. The brisket was amazing, the rib tip sandwich was great, the corn casserole was yummy, the banana pudding was great. This is probably the best brisket I have ever had, and definitely ask for the mustard sauce. It was divine! We were seated immediately, and the staff was very nice. The owner even chatted with us awhile. We'd definitely go back!

The only suggestion I'd have is the potato salad. It didn't have any flavor - it was completely unremarkable, and needed salt, if nothing else, but really would benefit from some other additions like mustard, egg, or some such. Fix that, and this is truly a five-star establishment.

• Visited May 2014

“Decent BBQ, Slow Service”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I am in the BBQ business and love trying new BBQ places. We go to North Georgia once a year and try a new place every time, mainly because there isn't anything worth going back to a second time. This place's proteins were better than any I've had up here, especially the brisket and burnt ends which is a good indicator of how good a BBQ place is to true Pit Masters and BBQ officianados. Nothing outrageously good but worth a return visit most likely. Service was slow and sides were slightly below average but I would return to get some more burnt ends if I'm in Dahlonega (so?) I give it an average rating compared to all BBQ restaurant but above average when compared to local competition.

Milton, FL
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal. 6 people for $68.00 plus tip. Friendly and quick service. Highly recommend. Located on Main Street so if you are parked near the square, it's within walking distance.

Snellville, Georgia
“Best brisket”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had lunch here after walking around Main Street, and it was fantastic. My pulled pork sandwich was very good, but the brisket is simply amazing (my wife ordered it, and I sampled it). The price is perfect for lunch (about $6 a meal). Will stop by again!

Visited March 2014
Atlanta
“Great place, been twice”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great BBQ been twice when in town. We love it. We had the pulled pork plate. The mac and cheese is homemade. Try the corn casserole (i think that is what it is called).

Visited April 2014