“Best meal we had in Dahlonega!”

Smoking Gold Barbeque
Ranked #13 of 85 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We enjoyed the best meal that we had in Dahlonega at Smoking Gold Barbeque. We love beef brisket and know good brisket, having lived in Texas. The meat was tender and full of flavor. The restaurant was not at all busy at lunch, which was a shame. The restaurant is awesome! We even got brisket to take home in our cooler so we could have some later.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Falling off the bone tender. Sides were the usual. Great BBQ sauce, especially the spicy. I got to go and took my dog to the park next door and had a nice picnic.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our family of four (parents and two boys, aged 6 and 11) visited Smokin' Gold in June 2013. We ordered a brisket sandwich, the rib basket, and two brisket plates. The brisket was very tender and juicy...ranking up there with some of the best we have had, but not THE best we have had. The sauces were all very tasty. We tried the regular, which is on the sweet/smoky side...the hot, which was like the regular but more spicy

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Oh my goodness. This was the best BBQ I have ever tasted! I thought we had good BBQ at home until I ate here.This is a must try if you like BBQ. Even if you don't, this could cange your mind. You have got to try it to belive it.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a great meal this evening with our entire family. Everybody loved the food and of particular note was the brisket which is a definite "don't miss!" The service was exemplary. We met the owner and he's a nice fella as well. We finished with the banana pudding and my Mom who is ordinarily critical of other folks banana pudding declared it homemade - high praise indeed. We'll be back for sure.