“Delicious Food on a Budget!”

Smoking Gold Barbeque
Ranked #16 of 86 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Barbecue
Macon, Georgia
“Delicious Food on a Budget!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

How have I missed this place? We followed the smoky smell and ended up enjoying one of the most delicious smoked meals ever. I haven't tried the pork or chicken, but for $8.99 we enjoyed the most delicious beef brisket, corn casserole and Brunswick stew ever! The beef brisket is their specialty, but people seem to love their pork and chicken, too. Their meat is cooked perfectly in those big green eggs. After tasting that meal...I wanted to go out and buy one. They have won awards for their BBQ at many cookoffs...against some of the nations greatest grill meisters. It is so reasonable...we are positively going back! It is located near the antiques district right off the square. They aim to please!

1 Thank Susiebell2

Orlando, Florida
“Fantastic! Great dining experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Excellent food and very friendly owners and staff. They take great pride in their cooking and it shows. Enjoy the southern hospitality and attentive service. Check out the awards and trophies inside this neat and welcoming restaurant. The smoker outside will lead you to this special place. The pulled pork, ribs and chicken are all excellent. Treat yourself to wonderful meal.

“Family Meal”
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I just came in to town with my wife and four children and we were craving some BBQ. We picked up the family meal, took it home and it was fantastic. The ribs were juicy and smoked to perfection. The pulled pork was also good and I liked all three kinds of sauce they gave us. The baked beans and cole slaw were also quite tasty. We will definitely go back!

Alpharetta, Georgia
“That's some good barbeque”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

As many times as we've been to Dahlonega & never seen it - it's right next to Gateway Antiques, kind of tucked away. I stopped in Dahlonega after a very long tiring day & once I smelled the aroma, I realized I was hungry after 5 hours' driving. Even though it was Sunday night & raining, I was still a bit suspicious that it wasn't very busy. Don't let that make you think the food's not terrific! Friendly & quick staff, very good potato salad & corn casserole, outstanding BBQ. I had pulled pork. It was smoky & tender. They said the brisket was great. I will absolutely go back to try it.

The owner went to my car in the pouring rain to give my my leftovers that I had left on the counter. Nice. Thanks!

Aiken, South Carolina
“First try was good...will give it another shot”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Ordered here for takeout lunch and the pulled pork and brisket sandwiches were good as was the BBQ sauce. Will return dine-in in the future. The staff was very friendly.

• Visited March 2012