“My favorite winery in N. Ga. , laid back , comfortable and great people”

Three Sisters Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #11 of 45 things to do in Dahlonega
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family lives nearby on Lake Lanier so Three Sisters is a vineyard we visit several times a year , particularly in the Fall....in fact , We have enjoyed it so much that my daughter was married here last Fall....beautiful Fall weather , great colors and from the top of the property by the gazebo you have a vista of 80 or so miles...on once you're there , my favorite is the Fat Boy Red.

All reviews
"special events"
"my favorite"
"friendly service"

Reviewed August 1, 2013

You have got to love the idea of of native Georgia grape wine being poured by a native British Colombian to appreciate 3 Sisters' Cynthiana. Many years ago, when my sister lived in the area, I had the pleasure of visiting many vineyard in the Charlottesville, Va. area; some of which presented native Norton wines. None of the Virginia wines I tasted were better than 3 Sisters' Cynthiana. While living in Costa Rica I found Carmenere grape wines produced in Chile. So if you are not afraid to try something other than something from one of the big Napa producers you should at least try the excellent Cynthiana. The Big Fat Red blend, with the pig on the label, and with a taste not unlike a good Rhone blend is a nice second choice. Come to 3 Sisters and enjoy: the wines, the views, and the people.

2  Thank 1ticoboy
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were greeted when we walked in, and advised of what to do if we wanted a tasting. All of the staff was friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed our tastings in a very unpretentious atmosphere. One of our wines was paired with a piece of chocolate, and another was paired with Cheetos! All of the grapes were grown in the vineyards on the property. It was worth the dirty car on the gravel drive to get there, and we will definitely go back!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Visited here on a very rainy day. We actually didn't think much of the place on first glance. Turns out the parking faces the back of the building. Once you round to the front, it is a lot nicer looking! Employees were very friendly and went above and beyond to strike up a conversation.

A big draw for us was that it said it was "family friendly." We had our 11 month old daughter with us and all the employees were very kind to her (even offering her Cheetos!) and welcoming. There was no "judging" as to why our baby daughter was there. The room is a bit cramped so while it says it is family friendly, I couldn't imagine having kids in there (unless they stood still).

See more reviews
Reviewed June 2, 2013

When entering the property from the main highway you have no idea what to expect while traveling in on the gravel road. But, upon arrival you find that this is a vinyard to admire. The old barn and the rows of vines makes this a perfect setting.

The folks inside the winery store were more than helpful and courteous with our sampling of their better-than-average wines. It was certainly a nice tasting! We will be back! There is a modest fee for sampling the wines.

1  Thank lobowolf