“A Smaller Winery Behind Frogtown Winery”

Three Sisters Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #11 of 43 things to do in Dahlonega
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Now if you were looking for a leisure day wine hopping there are many right in this area. There is also an exotic zoo across from Frogtown Winery, I recommend a Bed and Breakfast and make it a great 2 day weekend in the country. It was peaceful and relaxing to drive around and see all of these different wineries.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Winery is small and not a lot to offer. We had some mis-information on there being food at this winery. Wines were way to sweet.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I visited this Vineyard as a part of a tour group. Beautiful location, and a very easy going experience. The owner was funny, patient and excited about his product. The wine is easy to drink, and there are different kinds depending on your taste. If you go to North Georgia in pursuit of wine tasting, don't pass this one by.

1  Thank Katy F
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We went with a group and one of the highlights was the chocolate pairings with their sweet wines. Our host was interesting and didn't get too technical-- and as this was the last of our stops, we all appreciated his brevity! Their pourings were generous and everyone was friendly and very laid back. (The host was wearing overalls-- definitely not the norm.) Our group was seated outside because we wouldn't fit in the small tasting room. My only complaint is that it was around 90 degrees and they probably should have had a couple of fans under the tent! The bar inside had an interesting collection of jugs with faces-- including one with wineglasses for eyes. There was a small refrigerator stocked with a few cheeses and hard cured meats, but don't plan on having lunch there. Of all the places we went, this was the ONLY one to offer water. :) The other good thing about this vineyard is that there was a separate building, close to the parking area, for restrooms (2 for men, 2 for women) which seemed a better plan than most of the wineries! Beautiful vista of the vines, too.

2  Thank CoastToCoastMom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We didn't stay as long as we had hoped. Got a review from a lady in town who had visited here before, so we thought we would give it a try. The grounds are nice, but entrance was no clearly marked. As we walked to the tasting bar, no young lady we approached didn't welcome us and didn't speak even after I asked the a list. I asked her what grapes were used in a few of the wines, and finally she said in a very ugly tone as she went down over the list, "We use grapes in this one, grapes in this one, and grapes in this one!" I thought somehow she misunderstood me as I asked again and she said the same thing in the same tone? I walked away from the tasting bar and told my husband we were leaving. She also informed me we had to "pay over there first anyway" I wish I had gotten her name, since I would like to believe that all the employees there can't be like this!! I am going to call there today and at least let them know how horrible our experience was! We won't be going back! Blackstock Vineyard has never been less than perfect for us!!

3  Thank BenjaminWife