“Great people, great rooms, great time!”

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My wife and I took our teenage daughter and one of her friends for a weekend at Forrest Hills. It was great, amazing staff, the food at the restaurant was amazing, and you can't ask for better scenery. Hidden in the mountains of Northern Georgia I was blown away by the trees, nature, and views that surround the resort.

It is family owned and run and it shows in how the staff and owners interract with their guests. We felt right at home and very welcomed by the staff. Any questions we did have were quickly answered and fell in love with their Southern hospitaltiy.

I would recommendt his place to anyone looking for a romantic getaway (my wife and I honeymooned there in one of their getaway cabins.), or as a great family vacation with horseback riding, trails and a good, relaxing time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 15, 2010

We had our wedding on at Forest Hills and had a great time. The staff was great and polite and the on-site wedding planner was very helpful. We rented two lodges for our wedding party to stay out and had a blast! I would recommend any couple to have a wedding here! Rent a lodge (with the hot tub) and have a wedding weekend, not just a wedding day!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I needed time away from everythng and everyone. I was pleased with the ease of my booking, the friendliness of the staff and beatiful location. Miss Mary and Ms. Virginia, as always were very welcoming!
Furthermore, on my bucket list was horseback riding and I was able to do that within an hour of checking-in. They gave me a guided tour through the lush hills and the tour guide was very friendly!

In addition,The wait staff at the Secret Garden Rest., made me feel welcomed as dined alone at night.

The spa was a little dated, but offered the rustic feel.

The total package was affordable as well as VERY relaxing!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stayed at Forrest Hills resort over the weekend with our class reunion. Our group had the entire building named Eagles Nest. The building has a common area upon entering, which was extremely dated. The kitchen area was small and they had blue tape over the sink which wasn't working. Since we knew everyone in our group, we had the opportunity to go into almost every room in the building. I understand that the motif is supposed to be rustic, but this is just plain out dated, dirty, and in disrepair. The carpet is stained and ripped, the sofas are stained, there are holes in the walls, spiderwebs abound, the decor is dreadful, and the whole placed smelled musty. We had one person find a used feminine napkin under their sink while another found 2 dead squirrels floating in their hot tub! We saw both of these things with our own eyes. There is not enough Lysol to make you feel comfortable here. The beds and linens were horrible as well, with old blankets and hair in our bed. If it had not been for visiting with old friends, there is NO WAY we would have stayed the night here. Let me say though that we did have the reunion in one of the banquet halls which was much nicer. It appeared clean and the staff in there was very friendly. From others I spoke with, the food was acceptable, though not great. I can not speak for other areas of the resort, as these were the only two places we saw. I will say however, that our room in Eagles Nest is without question the worst accommodations we have ever had. Even though it was cheap, I still feel that any price would have been too much.

• Stayed: September 2010
7  Thank peachmom13
Management response:Responded September 14, 2010

When our guests aren't happy, we're not happy. The hospitality room in this lodge is currently under renovations which included new flooring and the addition of a full kitchen. The sink is new and not yet functional which is why there was blue tape over it. The remainder of the lodge is scheduled for redecorating along with our rustic, countryside cabins this fall. Rest assured we will be minus at least one housekeeper today for not catching what was found in this lodge as that is not acceptable to us as well. We are a family owned business and your happiness is our #1 priority.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

For our purpose, this establishment fit our needs perfectly! We were looking for an inexpensive B&B for our anniversary and found out about the special at ForRest Hills. The room was nicely appointed and very cozy. The view of the stars and scenery from our private balcony was lovely. We loved the rustic appeal of the rooms and had the best country breakfast anyone could ask for! The staff was friendly and accommodating, and thje grounds were beautiful to stroll on. We will definitely visit again, and would like to get a bigger room with the jacuzzi.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We enjoyed our little get away to the little cottage in the woods! It was very relaxing & quiet! The hot tub in the room was awesome & the bed was very comfortable!! Just what the Dr. ordered after my husband's one year deployment to Iraq.
We were a little disappointed in the couples message. The location where the messages were conducted was not up to standard & a little strange.
Downtown Dahlonega is awesome! A great little town & we loved the oyster bar! Great people & great food there!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We love Forrest Hills. Its agreat family place with the whirpool (indoors) and the swimming pool, the horses, the petting farm and the cats and dogs. We loved it and will go back many times over.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#5 of 8 in Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!