“Perfect vacation”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were in need of really "getting away" and Forest Hills was ideal for this purpose. It was quiet, with accommodations set away for privacy. While others may complain about no internet or cell phone reception, it made it far easier to unwind and let the stress melt away. The massage given was a great compliment to the hot tub. The meals provided were absolutely great (maybe too much... but since it is a buffet, who's to blame!). The cabin was well furnished and looked/felt upscale. Can't wait for the chance to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Pell City, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

If you are looking for a 5 star, luxury resort, this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking for a quiet, romantic "get-a-way" with someone you love, this is the place. My husband and I found our cabin to be very clean & adequately equipped. The hot tub was wonderful! The king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. It was a very private, but safe feeling environment. Great place for walking. The "couples only" dining room where we ate breakfast every morning, was a bonus. All of the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. The only negatives would be...the refrigerator is a small, office size and the T.V. service is spotty and very limited. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are planning to return soon. P.S. Dahlonega is a neat town...hope it stays that way!

Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is quiet and romantic. Friendly, family own feeling with nice amenity's and very friendly staff. Less than 90min from Downtown Atlanta, the deluxe cabin has a very comfortable bed, spacious living area, large porch and a large indoor hot tub adjacent to the bedroom. Very Clean and nice attention to details. We will go back to this well kept secret just outside of Dahlonega.
Did I mention the place rents at a bargain price with NO cleaning fee.
David Mott

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife, 2 children (aged 4 and 12) and sister in law stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin set in the forest - it was amazing. The cabin was superb, the accommodation excellent and the on-site facilities great - these included some table top games in the main office/shop (table football and air hockey), a swimming pool and horse riding. Three of my group went horse riding and said it was great. Breakfast was excellent.

The staff were friendly, helpful and very informative.

An excellent place to visit for a couple of days or indeed a week or so. Whether you are a family or a couple i wold thoroughly recommend Forrest Hills

Room Tip: We stayed in Wrens nest and it was fab
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark P
Rossville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Forrest Hills for our anniversary the weekend of August 3, 2012. I left a very detailed customer survey when we checked out and since the management at Forrest Hills made no effort to contact me to discuss my concerns or make retribution; I decided to write a review on Trip Advisor. To me, their lack of response proves that they are satisfied with the status quo of their facilities. So, beware! We booked the Romantic package which included a 2 night stay in a “rustic” cabin, 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner, 1 picnic lunch and an in-cabin couple’s massage. The meals, the dining room and the massages where exactly as advertised through their website and we enjoyed them all. The dining room was very rustic but clean and the food was good quality. It was buffet style but as that was described on their website we were expecting it. The massage therapists did a good job and were very professional. My major complaint is the cabin that they described as “rustic”. This was by far the worst place we have ever spent the night. I would rate it a 2 out of 10. Upon driving up, the roof is covered by a blue tarp. Apparently there is a bad leak because once we were inside the smell was horrible. The bathroom ceiling was completely rotten and black with mold and the corner or the bedroom had black and white mold going down the wall. I’m fairly certain that the carpets are “original”. They are dark green, which if fine, but there were huge black stains and bleach stains all over the entire living area. I think some of the black stains were water stains and they smelled horribly. Also, they advertise the hot tub room as “cedar plank”. Well, the corner that they show in the picture is in fact cedar plank. The other 75% of the hot tub room is finished in raw ply-wood! It isn’t even painted. I guess they forgot to put pictures of that on their website! The real kicker for me was that when we first walked in we found a can of Raid bug and spider spray sitting on the kitchen counter. Little did we know that this was a horrible omen for what the weekend would hold! They have a huge spider infestation. I understand that this was a cabin in the woods and a few critters and bugs can be expected. This was excessive. We killed no less than 20 spiders during our 2 night stay. The day we were checking out, my husband got bitten on his stomach and it left a mark for 3-4 days. Overall, these cabins need a drastic cleaning and overhaul. They charge way too much for the condition these cabins are in. When we checked in and found the deplorable state, I called the front desk and requested a different cabin and even asked about an upgrade and said I would pay for a better cabin. I was told they were completely booked. I’m assuming they survive off on first-time visitors because I find it hard to believe that anyone would make a second visit there. We would have left but being that we have two small children at home and it has been years since we have had a weekend of couple-time, we decided to stick it out. Please don’t make the same mistake we did and book with Forrest Hills. You will regret it! This area of Georgia has numerous very nice resorts in this same price-range that would be a much better way to spend your money and time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank djshelli
Midway, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed in a cabin and truly loved the privacy. The rooms were clean and well laid out. We did have trouble with the coffee pot, which they quickly exchanged. The staff were friendly and helpful. I walked through the conference center and the rooms adjoining. WOW was I empressed! I am considering have our family reunion there in the future.

Room Tip: Robin's Nest seemed to have the most privacy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Thomas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Wanted to stay for a wedding until they stated 2 night minimum at 200-250 per night. We stated we didn't want to make a weekend of it, only one night. After much back and forth, they agreed to one night in the $150 range. I felt they were really trying to take advantage of the wedding guest. While we had a great time, it was mostly due to our family/friends being gathered together in one place. The grounds are neglected. You can't get away with calling it rustic. The lodge/room was old and dusty/moldy smell. The toilet rocked, sink fixture knob came off, both beds were concave (rolled in toward each other). Common areas in the lodge were nice to have but again were in need of renovation. Could be a great place....but in its present state it was depressing. Would definitely not recommend it. I travel for a living and haven't stayed in a room this poor in many years. Trying to charge top dollar for it and calling it rustic is what drove me to write this review.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Craig M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
BEST WESTERN Mountain View Inn

Been to Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!