“Great setting, very relaxing”

BlackStock Vineyards and Winery
Ranked #24 of 43 things to do in Dahlonega
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice small winery with good selection of wines. We especially liked the outside deck very peaceful atmosphere.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Wine was good wish we could have stayed longer. This was the 2nd or 3rd best on the wine trail

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I have visited Blackstock several times when in Dahlonega, and each time we find something more to love about this winery! This past weekend we had such a great time! As soon as we arrived we were greeted by a sweet lady named Ellie and we discussed the new wine and also how big the vines were getting. I felt I had made a new friend. We of course enjoyed the wine sampling which I would recommend since there are so many great wines here that is is hard to choose. ACE is still my favorite, but I honestly don't think I have ever had a wine I didn't like here. The girls in the tasting room are young, but have very good knowledge of the wines and the grapes used to make them. If you like the wine and plan on coming back, I would join the wine club and also make sure you give them your email and join their Facebook page. There are many specials throughout the year and they are not to be missed. The live entertainment on the weekends is also great, and this weekend was not a disappointment. It wasn't a large crowd, but we all enjoyed drinking wine by the glass and listening to the two young men sing and play different instruments. We were able to bring crackers and cheese up to the deck too so we stayed all day and just relaxed, which they welcome you to do and seem to enjoy that we were there. We were disappointed that David was not there to let him know that after a few short years, he has really built a winery that he can be proud of! If you are only going to visit one or two wineries while in Dahlonega, make sure this is the first one you visit since you may not need to go to any other after this!! Have fun!!!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Nice wines. Seemed like a fairly new place. Staff was knowledgable and helpful.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

The staff seemed knowledgeable and friendly. The manager worked with me on shipping and I felt I came away with a great value. Ten percent discount with purchase of case and two 8-glass tastings included. Once you purchase a case, you are eligible for 20 percent discount.

1  Thank R-Scott-P-1952