“Never Again.”

Motel Inn
Motel Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I had called to confirm late check in. When we (my daughter and I) arrived around 3:30AM, the desk clerk came to the window looking absolutely haggard. We got the key cards and went to the room. My daughter headed in, opened the door, turned around quickly with a terrified look on her face. The room he had given us keys to was OCCUPIED! After calming my daughter, we went back to the office, told the clerk what had happened. All he said was "I'm sorry, I'll change your room". We got to the room, found the room disgustingly filthy, foul odors, a toilet that wobbled/clanged against the floor, one bar of soap at the sink (none in the shower, also no shampoo etc.). The bedspread had so many burn holes in it that someone must have used it for an ashtray. The next morning, when we checked out, the same clerk was still on duty. He had the audacity to LAUGH about giving us an occupied room and my daughter walking in on a sleeping couple. NEVER AGAIN will I stay at ANY Super 8. They allow their name to be on this establishment, and that speaks volumes about their expectations and standards.

Room Tip: Avoid this facility. Plenty of other options in Dahlonega for only a few dollars more per night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank V L

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Always had a great experience great service friendly staff. After only a few trips Al new me by name as soon as I walked in the door. I traveled and stayed here from feb. thru sept.2011

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2011

It's worth it to pay a little more for a good customer service. I have stayed here on previous visits to Dahlonega. But, this time I made reservations online several months in advance. I forgot to cancel when finances didn't allow us to come up. We were supposed to arrive on a Wednesday, and Thursday my back account was charged the full amount for 4 nights. I called and the "man" who answered told me it didn't matter because I didn't show up and he was keeping my money, even though I called only 2 days into our reservation. He would not refund me for even the 2 upcoming nights. I told him that was stealing and he said "Yep!" He said since I booked online and got a cheaper rate, he was entitled to keep my money. I called their customer service line and am still waiting for an answer. But with a manager like that, I wouldn't stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

It was horrible. The place smelled, it was dirty. The beds were super hard to sleep on and the sheets dirty. Would not stay again...no way.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jackieabbyl
Reviewed September 27, 2011

All hotel rooms look the same when your eyes are closed, but they don't smell the same. The price was cheap compared to Hampton Inn and the like. My 17 year old son and I were coming into town to look at the local college. We checked in at 11 pm and checked out at 7 am. We just needed a place to crash. If I had my wife with me I would have paid over a hundred bucks and gotten a room at a nicer place. It was just barely OK for a couple of guys. The chairs had "mystery stains" and so did the carpet. They probably just pulled up the tape that was outlining the body a few days before we got there. The so called "high speed" internet is a joke = .2 mps. However, a lot of pricey hotels also have slow internet. Half the channels didn't come in on the TV. Bottom line, don't stay here for a vacation. Crash here only if you are afraid to sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SCColtsFan
Reviewed August 28, 2011

friendly, clean,and quiet. pillows lacking, towels made for midgets. otherwise ok

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NancyM3284
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Best place to stay in area! Rate was decent and the service was great there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank littlemsmissi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
The Dahlonega Square Hotel & Villas
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Motel Inn? Share your experiences!