“great place to eat”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pikeville, Kentucky
“great place to eat”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have eaten here a few times, nice and clean, great food, good service and friendly staff

Visited September 2011

Dahlonega, Georgia
“Wish the price hadnt of gone up...”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My friends and I used to go to Hoka Hoka fairly frequently for the half off sushi happy hour deal last semester and semesters before, but I dont think I will be going back. I love sushi, and their crunch rolls are awesome (surprisingly so for a mountain town), but the last time I was craving one I called to ask what the price was as I hadnt been since last semester and forgot the exact price, but to my dismay not only had my favorite roll been removed from the half off happy hour list, but it now costs $10, which is completely outrageous in my opinion. The only thing that coaxed me to go into their little odd smelling establishment was the knowledge of that delicious roll (I preferred to make a to go order), and I am not willing to shell out ten bucks for that sushi. It's good, but it's not that good. The woman that I spoke to on the phone was very friendly in her explaining that the cost of food had gone up so much that they had to raise the price, but there is just no way I can justify that kind of price difference. It was a good run, Hoka Hoka. Good luck.

• Visited October 2011