“so sad!”

Jefferson, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“so sad!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was heartbreaking to see the large cats and bears kept in such small cages! These are wild animals, they need much more of an area to roam! The female lion had a huge sore on the front of her paw that we were able to see from quite a distance back. It looked like it was from her laying up next to the cage and her skin was rubbing up against the bars. My daughter was very upset and said, "Look Mommy, she is bleeding"! The alligator was in a very rundown dirty area with no water -- I found that very odd. I have been to many zoos and wildlife preserves and I have never seen an alligator habitat without water! I hope the owners will have a heart and give these larger animals more room to exercise and move about like they were born to do. I will never go back to this "zoo"!

Visited May 2013
9 Thank JenL974

Suwanee, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited the refuge yesterday and it was a wonderful experience. The tour of the animal enclosures was a lot of fun - monkeys, lions, tigers, wolves, emu, bears, reptiles...did I mention the tigers? We booked the Tiger Cub Encounter and had the BEST time. It's pricey, but the money goes to build and improve the animal habitats. We were in an open area and they brought a tiger cub out - she was 6 months old, so not that small - and we were able to pet her for about 30 minutes. The handler kept her under control to maintain our safety - it is a tiger after all. It was an awesome experience that we will never forget!

Visited March 2013
5 Thank Katherine V
Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Neat Zoo.. First area is a HUGE Grizzley. Lots of lions, white tigers too.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Rescue zoo for circus and carnival animals. Good sized. Better plan on half day. Clean and well maintained..

Visited September 2012
5 Thank GeorgiaTully
Forest Park, Georgia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Family Oriented”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

They have different animals scattered around to see. Easy to follow path and arrows. The white baby tiger cubs were great and played the whole time we were there. Not many people and you can take your time at each enclosure. Kids loved it as much as the adults.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank michellec661
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A MUST SEE”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I cannot say enough positive things about this wildlife refuge! This place is doing an excellent job with educating people about their animals, and as a biologist by trade I see the overall quality of the care, housing, and genuine love of animals that the owner and staff possess! MUST SEE for little ones and adults!

Visited November 2012