“great food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shenanigans Restaurant & Irish Pub

Shenanigans Restaurant & Irish Pub
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Shenanigans Restaurant & Irish Pub- or simply "The Pub" to its loyal guests and staff- is the "Cheers" of Dahlonega: a welcoming place to enjoy delicious food & drinks while making friends & memories. Shenanigans is located just off the picturesque Dahlonega square in the historic Strickland House. Look for the white building flying the Irish flag! Step inside and you'll quickly discover a very special atmosphere & dining experience. From the walls plastered with dollar bills decorated by guests, to the smiling servers behind a full liquor bar covered with photographs of celebrations past, it is clear that this is a place where people love to be. Shenanigans offers intimate indoor seating, a covered heated patio, and a pet-friendly deck & courtyard. This space allows us to host events and serve parties of various sizes, and could be the perfect location for your next meeting, rehearsal dinner, or get-together. We also feature weekly live music, Trivia, & Open Mic Night. Our fun, creative menu offers something for everyone and keeps our guests returning time after time. Classic pub foods like burgers, pizza, & wings are served alongside Irish favorites like Shepherd's Pie, Fish & Chips, or Bangers & Mash. Shenanigans also features lighter "Leaves & Ladels" fare and hearty entrees like Balsamic Basil Sirloin, P.E.I. Mussels Linguini, or Seared Ahi Tuna. Don't miss out on the legendary "Crack Dip." Do you have special dietary needs? Don't worry! We have many vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free options, and we will help you find a tasty meal for any allergy. Catering available.
georgia
“great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is the greatest place for a casual meal but they also have wonderful full dinner entrees that are exceptional. Sometimes we go just for an appetizer and they never rush us or make us feel we should order more food. The staff is so friendly and after a visit or two they know what you want to drink before you even are seated.

• Visited June 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“deb rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

the food was phenomenal and the owner made the experience even better!

Gainesville, Georgia
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

Took my wife (and 3 kids) for her birthday dinner in hopes of a decent meal since we both like Irish Pub food and the ambiance that you sometimes find within. We were greeted by friendly staff and impressed with the beer selection and menu choices. We elected to start with a house or "pub" salad which was very fresh and crisp with an outstanding "house" dressing. The kids shared and devoured the Shepard's Pie handily and I very reluctantly shared a few morsels of my Fish & Chips which were Fantastic. My Wife had the Bushmills Sirloin which she shared a bite of the perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned steak with me and we both agreed it was delicious. It is a nice hole in the wall type pub that you will want to go back to again and again. The service was very good - it suffered slightly as they got busier. We were there on Friday and you need to arrive by 6:30 to avoid a substantial wait to gain entry to this little gem of a Pub....it apparently has become popular with the locals and the seating is limited. I admit that I would wait for the experience that we had there tonight.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank 4Yukon
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Good food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Shenanigans always has good food. We've gotten several different things off the menu, and I've never had anything there I didn't like. We went again last night. I had the Firehouse Burger, and it was very good. It had just the right amount of kick to it - just what I wanted. Their fries are excellent. My boyfriend loves Rubens, so he ordered it based on an earlier review here. He said it was good. He wished it came with fries instead of their homemade chips, but the waitress did tell him it came with chips and asked if that was OK. He said the chips could use some seasoning but they were otherwise good.

Someone else commented about not being able to get service, and I could see how that's possible when they're busy. Our experience was great, though. We walked in and were immediately greeted by three staff members at the same time. We were given our choice of seats. We got our drinks immediately, our food came out quickly, and the waitress followed up with us at least 2 - 3 times. Exactly what I would expect from a restaurant.

This place is small, and on a Friday or Saturday night, it can get an "elbow room only" kind of feeling to it but that's to be expected in a small bar! If you're going for dinner, it's best to get there a bit earlier than the college crowd if you want a peaceful meal. It's great on week nights, too.

• Visited March 2011
Dahlonega, Georgia
“It's a great place IF you can ever get service. Unfortunately I didn't...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

I am a Dahlonega resident and I eat out all the time. I never liked the food much at Shenanigans but since they made an area outside where your dog can eat with you I decided last Saturday night to give it a try. I was alone except for my dog, Duke. I was told there would be a 20 minute wait and was guided to a plastic outdoor chair to wait on a table. There was a 6-top open but nothing smaller. Meanwhile there was a man sitting out with his HORSE, of all things, tied to a tree. They brought this man something to drink then, as he sat waiting for a table for 1 (like me) they brought him his food. They knew him by name so I imagine he is a regular.

40 minutes later no one - not one single soul - ever asked me if I wanted something to drink or to give me an update on a table. The horse fellow, however, was invited in to sit at the 6-top.

10 minutes later (I've been there almost an hour) Duke was thirsty and I was starved and irritated. While servers came and went I tried to get someone's attention but no one would ever even look my way. I felt like I was totally ignored. I finally gave up and swore I'd never go back.

Like I said, I've had the food there --- believe me ---- nothing special. After the treatment I received last Saturday they can keep their bland food and kiss my you-know-what. I'll never be back and I'll make it a point to tell everyone I meet on the square (just about everyday) NOT to go there.

• Visited March 2011