“Awesome visit”

Consolidated Gold Mine
Ranked #1 of 42 things to do in Dahlonega
More attraction details
Owner description: You and your family will enjoy a 40 minute Underground Adventure of the mine with one of our friendly and knowledgeable staff members.As you descend the stairs, you will hear tales of miner’s struggles to uncover gold deep within large Quartz veins. Your tour guide welcomes interaction from the group as you experience life as a miner at the turn of the century.After your tour, you will receive gold panning instructions from some of the best panners in the world, having won numerous awards in the field. Then you will get a chance to try if for yourself and hopefully you’ll strike it rich!While you are at the mine, don’t forget to try our “Gemstone Grubbin’” for a great family experience. Everyone will love our water powered flume boxes that quickly wash away material revealing beautiful gemstones! We have buckets for beginners and experts alike. There’s no better way to strike it rich!The Mines remain at a comfortable 60 degrees year round. As a reminder, this is a walking tour. Guests enter the mine via three flights of stairs and two ramps. Tennis shoes are recommended and closed toed shoes are a must! Flip Flops are not permitted for the Underground Adventure.Pets and strollers are not permitted in the mine.TRAVEL 200 FEET UNDERGROUND AND 100 YEARS BACK IN TIME!
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Great tour guide "Doc". My boys really enjoyed being in a gold mine and they panned and found real gold. Also interesting to see big stalagmites in a man made cave. I guess they don't take millions of years to form.

2  Thank CampingDad71
in 87 reviews
in 190 reviews
in 148 reviews

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We visited consolidated gold mine today. Panned for gold and gems and then took a very interesting and informative your through the mine. Our tour guide, Doc was very entertaining. I would recommend this place to a anyone and everyone.

1  Thank Cgambrell
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Absolutely a must see if you're in the neighborhood (2 hours either side of Dahlonega, GA) and defiantly worth the ride, even multiple days in a row. Prices are very good for the fun and experiences. Mining tour was conducted by "Doc", who was hilarious and fun and knew all kinds of interesting things. Absolutely great mine experience. Panning for gold is included in the tour of the mine. It's... interesting. A lot of fun, especially if you bond with your tour mates and your guide. Picked up a couple of gold flakes from panning! Gemstones were more fun, especially with the consolidated mines crew hanging out and helping. Miner Mike was incredible at analyzing the rocks, answering questions, and sharing stories. Incredible to have rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and garnets, among others, in your bag. I even ordered one of the garnets to be cut and set. Decent price, just have to wait a few weeks to see them. :) definitely an awesome experience. Thank you guys for making my weekend great! "Boston"

1  Thank Tricia B
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Gold Mine is a must when in Dahlonega. It had been several years since our last visit and they have opened up more of the mine that you can see now. The tour staff are very knowledgeable about the mine. Very interesting while still being fun for kids and adults.

2  Thank TNS1266
See more reviews
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I am an avid reviewer and reader of Trip advisor. That being said I struggled in deciding which gold mine was the best fit for my family. I took my wife, 15 yr old daughter and 10 yr old son. My son wanted to do as much as possible and of course find Gold. Reading the other reviews we chose another gold mine......first. The experience took all of 15 minutes, there was no customer service and actually I found that the people were just plain rude. After a 2 hour drive, I looked at my wife and said come on there is another one and we ended up at Consolidated. What a totally different experience. The customer service was outstanding, the tour was more than a tour! It was educational, fun, exciting and really captured the essence that we wanted to capture on our day trip. No one was bored and the guide was simply awesome. We panned for gold (as we had done at the other mine), however the instruction was correct! Overall Consolidated was way above 5 stars and the amount of gold was equal between the two sites, the experience could not have been so different.

5  Thank Brian S