“Parent Weekend at NG”

Yahoola Creek Grill
Ranked #14 of 86 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whether you're a local foodie or an out-of-town visitor taking in everything Dahlonega has to offer, Yahoola Creek Grill is a dining experience you don't want to miss! Boasting seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients and made-from-scratch dishes, our menu strikes the perfect balance between classic and contemporary Southern cuisine. Visit us for lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch or talk to us about your next large event - our flavors, versatile dining spaces, and mountain views will have you returning again and again!
Hull, Georgia, United States
“Parent Weekend at NG”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Ate lunch here, my son is college student and had visited before. Town was super packed at lunch so this place is a little outside of town so it was less crowded. Very friendly atmosphere, we ate inside but they also had outside dining as well. Wide variety of options for lunch. I got batter-fried chicken strips and it was a huge plate, I took 1/2 of it home. 2 people could definitely share that lunch. Would go back again.

Visited October 2012

Suwanee, Georgia
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I have been looking for another place in the North Georgia area with great atmosphere, good food, nice wine and good people. We've found it. Yahoola Creek Grill was just the ticket. Outdoor dining in the North Georgia Area overlooking Yahoola Creek and midway up the mountain to Dahlonega and the University. The people here (both patrons and servers) seemed friendly and happy to be here. We sat outside (though there is indoor seating as well). The leaves are changing and the view is beautiful! They offer blankets if you get a chill as the sun sets behind the mountains, and heaters warm the porch as well. I had the Turkey Sandwich and my husband had the Chicken and Waffles. This is true southern cooking. While my sandwich was just a bit dry, but my husband loved his chicken. The sweet potato chips were delish and we were too full for dessert. It was very good and our service was fabulous. Jennifer did an outstanding job of taking care of us. It was extremely reasonable in price and the selection of southern cooking ranged from Fried Green Tomatoes to Elk Burgers and everything in between. I've heard they offer a Sunday Brunch but we haven't been there for that. We'll definitely try it with the family though. We will return to this charming spot on Yahoola Creek!

Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow Kitchen Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Yahoola Creek used to be one of our favorite places to dine, but over the past few years it has become apparent their kitchen staff is not able to handle medium to large crowds. The food is good, but expect a long wait for food service if the tables are more than half filled. My husband and I went there last night to dine, but even the servers encouraged us to go elsewhere to eat because of the slowness of the kitchen. That is bad news when servers are telling customers they would be better off going somewhere else. Don't go on special holidays either, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentines.....same experience slow slow slow slow slow. If you happen to chance on going in and finding only a handful of tables seated with people, you will be fine.

1 Thank L H
“Not-so-happy Birthday dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here on 10/7/12... It was my birthday. I wanted to try the Pork Loin, but I was concerned that it may be too spicy for me. After discussing it with the waitress, she assured me that it wasn't that spicy and said that she would ask the chef to go mild on the seasoning. When it came, it was not edible for me. It was way too spicy. She did not offer to change it for me, so I had to order ANOTHER entree in order to eat at my own birthday dinner. I ordered the chicken pot pie, because I felt like it would be quick. My husband was almost finished with his meal when my pot pie finally arrived, and when my waitress asked how it was, I was honest with her and told her it was "just okay". It was edidble, but very bland and not very hot. I was shocked and disapointed when the bill arrived and there were no comps for either of my entrees. We specifically did not ask for a comp...but with them knowing it was my birthday and not going out of their way to serve me, they have now lost my business permanently. I live locally and will not return to Yahoola Creek Grill. Oh yeah, Since it was my birthday, she did offer me a free desert...it was the only good part of my meal...

1 Thank Jerilyn H
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, Great service, Beautiful Surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our small group from church met here for dinner on a Thursday evening. The food presentation was beautiful, the food was delicious, and our server was pleasant, helpful, and professional. We ate out on the porch over the creek and enjoyed the beauty of our surroundings as we enjoyed our meals. And the costs.....really, really reasonable. You'll love everything about it.
Check it out; you won't be sorry.