“Mt. Top Lodge, you need nothing else.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega
Ranked #5 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
tn
“Mt. Top Lodge, you need nothing else.”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My husband and myself have celebrated our anniversary the last seven years at Mountain Top Lodge. This has truly become our home away from home. Paul, the innkeeper, sees to everything and goes the extra mile to make your stay is memorable in every way.

It seems our yearly trip falls on the same weekend as alumni weekend for the military university reunion. We have made fabulous friends and look forward to seeing them each year. We can not say enough about Paul, the lodge, the comforts and the friends.

As long as we can make the trip, we will forever be at Mountain Top.

Thank you Paul.

Bill and Sharon Rourke
Hendersonville TN

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sandersville, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2010

The setting was lovely and relaxing. The innkeeper, Paul, made us feel very welcome. The inn was very comfortable and the decks were wonderful. inside and out. Paul was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us great suggestions for things to do in the area. Breakfast was absolutely divine and filling. We ate the wonderful breakfast and didnt need anything until lunch. My friend and I love to go to B and B during spring break and this was one of our favorites. We recommend this B and B to everyone

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed in room #10 at the Mountain Top Lodge for our 4th anniversary. Normal we are not bed and breakfast folks, but since this lodge offered a separate cabin with 4 rooms, we decided to give it a try. We were so fortunate that we did! The room was cozy and comfortable with a great sunset view and very private, which is what we wanted. We never saw any other guests while we were there. Since I am in the early stages of pregnancy and am having morning sickness, the innkeeper accomodated us by packaging up our breakfast every morning so we could eat it in our room, by the fireplace. This was such a great treat and so appreciated (as those who have had morning sickness can relate to). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elrhoads
Livingston, NJ
Reviewed March 6, 2010

We have made the Mountain Top Lodge our stopping point for our trek to Florida. It has so much character and we find the innkeeper to be very pleasing and helpful during our stay. He has the best breakfasts and we love to spend time in his company.

Scott Williams, New Jersey

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed February 13, 2010

It is a real shame that the innkeeper's attitude is such that it colored our entire stay. Upon check-in he shared with us that he has seen some really strange people come through his place. Made us wonder what he might say about us to other guests. Then while showing us our rooms, one of our party accidentally knocked over a lamp on a table in the main hall. It did not break, but it knocked over two pieces of McCoy pottery that did break, costing us $175 on the spot. Not sure why he placed valuable, delicate pieces on a small table in a highly trafficked area.

His demeanor went downhill from there for the rest of our stay. I will not relate several other minor incidents (fortunately not costly) that occurred, but we could never feel entirely at ease in his place or with him. There was a definite sense of control over your intrusion into his home while we were there.

If you want to relax in a beautiful setting, go somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joatmon404
MountainTopInnkeeper, Innkeeper at Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
Management is concerned when a guest doesn't enjoy his or her stay.

One guest broke two pottery pieces shortly after arriving and took responsibility for his actions. The Innkeeper spent considerable time assisting these guests so that they felt welcome despite what had happened.

The really awkward issue occurred when the Innkeeper had to explain to another group member that she shouldn't make use of bathrooms in unoccupied and reserved rooms. Several had to be re-sanitized for arriving guests.

Management appreciates the thoughtful note of thanks that the guest who broke the pottery left in his room.
South Atlanta
Reviewed December 1, 2009

The cozy country house is ever inviting. As well as its innkeeper. The sunrise/sunset factor is beautiful and relaxing from the large deck . My friend and I did not miss either. The breakfast was tasty and plentiful as is the conversation. Paul bakes fresh cookies for his guest which is a special treat . To eat or not to eat? I ate. It was very clean and comfortable.The charming town of Dahlonega is not far off. The hiking and waterfalls are just a short drive through the foothills of Noth Georgia. I could do this experience again.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
North Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I think it is curious that the owner doesn't consider himself a chef - maybe he's just being modest? I know that some people skip eating breakfast, but I always wake up hungry and love the traditional big, hot breakfast before I go out shopping downtown or adventuring in the woods.

The breakfast is hands down the best breakfast I have had in that town - and I have eaten at many of Dahlonega's eating establishments. I was served orange juice and coffee (one morning I opted for herbal tea), fresh melon of some sort, hot biscuits with butter and strawberry jelly, and bacon on the side. Then came the quiche (which I'd never had before and wasn't sure I'd like) and it was terrific...cheesy and delicious. It was a huge breakfast and I couldn't eat it all.

My husband and I also shared these little cookies that I think were homemade. I try not to eat sweets, but the chocolate chips had a hint of mint in them, so I enjoyed several, and my husband broke his diet for them! Totally worth it! lol.

I really liked staying there. I've been to some of the other B&Bs and they are pretty good, but the MountainTop breakfast is amazing.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega? Share your experiences!