Days Inn by Wyndham Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$110
Quality Inn Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$101
Hall House Hotel(Dahlonega)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsprivate deckbiscuitsbed and breakfastovernight tripbreakfast was deliciousgreat chefhighly recommend this b bserene settingshort driveclose to townking size bedread a bookquiet locationa great place to staystay there againget awayan excellent host
Reviewed December 1, 2009

The cozy country house is ever inviting. As well as its innkeeper. The sunrise/sunset factor is beautiful and relaxing from the large deck . My friend and I did not miss either. The breakfast was tasty and plentiful as is the conversation. Paul bakes fresh cookies for his guest which is a special treat . To eat or not to eat? I ate. It was very clean and comfortable.The charming town of Dahlonega is not far off. The hiking and waterfalls are just a short drive through the foothills of Noth Georgia. I could do this experience again.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I think it is curious that the owner doesn't consider himself a chef - maybe he's just being modest? I know that some people skip eating breakfast, but I always wake up hungry and love the traditional big, hot breakfast before I go out shopping downtown or adventuring in the woods.

The breakfast is hands down the best breakfast I have had in that town - and I have eaten at many of Dahlonega's eating establishments. I was served orange juice and coffee (one morning I opted for herbal tea), fresh melon of some sort, hot biscuits with butter and strawberry jelly, and bacon on the side. Then came the quiche (which I'd never had before and wasn't sure I'd like) and it was terrific...cheesy and delicious. It was a huge breakfast and I couldn't eat it all.

My husband and I also shared these little cookies that I think were homemade. I try not to eat sweets, but the chocolate chips had a hint of mint in them, so I enjoyed several, and my husband broke his diet for them! Totally worth it! lol.

I really liked staying there. I've been to some of the other B&Bs and they are pretty good, but the MountainTop breakfast is amazing.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I set-up the lodge months in advance for my wedding guests. I spoke to the innkeeper several times before the the event, and every time I spoke to him, he was gruff and unpleasant and never could remember who I was. He had initially allowed us to use the dining area for our rehearsal dinner, but then later changed his mind, which created a bit of a hassle with replacement plans. I completely understand if he didn't want to allow us to do it, but he should have been clear up front.

In addition to the challenges before the wedding, my guests were all treated unpleasantly. We had booked the entire main lodge and small lodge, but there was an open room in the main lodge, which he rented out to other guests. I feel bad that the other guests weren't told up front that there was a large group staying there, as I'm sure there was some celebrating.

The innkeeper complained to two of my guests who had brought their children. There was never any written or verbal indication that children wouldn't be welcome, and it didn't even occur to me that it could be a problem since we had booked all but one room.

When my guests returned to the lodges after the rehearsal dinner and after the wedding, the innkeeper came down and yelled at them and told them to "go to their rooms." These were adults. They didn't realize that other guests were staying in the lodge and tried to quietly hang out, but then the innkeeper threatened to "call the police." The whole situation was bizarre.

• Stayed: October 2008
MountainTopInnkeeper, Owner at Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2009

Many groups have enjoyed their stays at the Mountain Top Lodge (MTL) since this wedding group came Halloween (2008) weekend. Unfortunately, this group failed to understand the B&B experience of being hosted at the Innkeeper's property and acted like they had rented a weekend party house. Since the author (bride) stayed at another B&B, this response should fill-in some of the missing data that will allow her, and other readers, to gain a more balanced perspective of actual weekend events.

MTL has many valuable antiques, some open-rail stairways and has a published policy requiring children to be 12 years of age. Two couples ignored this policy and arrived with a total of 5 toddlers after receiving Confirmation Letters stating the policy. The first father gruffly and dismissively informed the Innkeeper that "they were here, get over it!" The second set of parents arrived with a nanny, three toddlers under 5 yrs., air mattresses and intended to cram six into a room that slept three. To keep the peace, the Innkeeper re-opened an unrented room scheduled for renovation which the nanny and three children proceeded to trash. These encounters set the tone for the weekend.

As the bride suggests, MTL guests can make casual use of the facilities for informal gatherings during reasonable hours. MTL follows standard hospitality industry practices for planned events and gatherings (i.e., dinners, parties etc) requiring contracts, security deposits and adherence to the published visitor policy disallowing visitors after 11PM (unless otherwise agreed to).

The bride's rehearsal dinner grew to be larger than the 25-30 person dining capacity and the Innkeeper assisted her to find another venue. The first unauthorized party (40+ people) began Friday at midnight and continued until 4AM, The Innkeeper opted to not ruin the upcoming wedding by ending the party. He waited until breakfast and spoke to selected guests making them aware that guests were checking in to the departing groom's room and that another party was not welcome. The second unauthorized party - again with external visitors onsite - began at midnight and was shut down at 2AM after finding a drunken guest passed out in the hallway and beer cans on every surface. The remaining celebrants moved to the Hillside lodge and the Innkeeper was re-awakened at 3:30AM by a drunken visitor staggering through the Main Lodge looking for his coat. The allegedly discourteous Innkeeper made coffee and tried to stop this person from driving back to Atlanta.

Despite a total of 5-6 hours of sleep during the weekend, the Innkeeper prepared two wonderful breakfasts and he and the cleaning staff attempted to stay ahead of the damages.

Here is a list of the outstanding damages:

- Hardwood floor in guest room and dining room ceiling soaked by impaired guest failing to close the shower curtain properly causing water leaking into dining room during breakfast.
- Broken post and rail fence pushed down by groomsman unable to find reverse in the groom's manual shift car.
- Broken landscape lights filled with rocks by unattended children, one who escaped from the nanny and was found wondering through the main lodge.
- Unsupervised children smearing potato chip grease on walls and carpeting and pushing exit door handle through wall - room repainted.
- Roof and gutter damage caused by adults throwing cans or climbing on metal roof to place beer cans into gutters.
- Table top damage and water ring damage due to cold beer resting on wooden furniture surfaces.
- Carpet cleaning and sanitizing required to remove stains/odors due to unauthorized parties.

After hosting this group, MTL enhanced its website to better assist potential guests in selecting the MTL for a great B&B experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2009

Having never stayed at a B&B before I had no idea of what to expect....all I can say is WOW it not only met but exceeded our expectations...I would highly recommend this Lodge to others... the rooms were a treat for the eyes..no two alike...lovely quilts on each of the beds and some draped the walls...easy on the eyes....it was like we were visiting in a friends home... this lodge was a very relaxing hide away ...wifi was available, so was able to enjoy my computer time...and meet other guests who came up to the loft....the breakfasts were superb tasty and of generous portions you will most definitely want to compliment the chef....the service was unmatched and our inkeeper was a most congenial host who spoiled us...absolutely delightful!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The setting was lovely, peaceful, and quite relaxing. The innkeeper, Paul, made us feel very welcome. The inn was tastefully decorated, inside and out, with antiques and a country look. Breakfast was fantastic! We would recommend this B and B to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple