“Great weekend getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega
Ranked #5 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here for a getaway weekend a few weeks before our wedding to relax before the big day. The innkeeper, Paul, is very friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the detached rooms and it was very spacious, had a fireplace, and large jacuzzi tub. The location is great, only a few minutes from town and about 15 minutes from most of the wineries. Would highly recommend as a peaceful retreat.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife is 8 months pregnant and needed one last getaway before the baby is here. She couldn't be too far from the doctor, just in case, so Dahlonega was a natural choice for a Bed & Breakfast.
I did so much research to find the best deal, but still feel like it was a getaway and not a hotel stay. Also trying to save up for the very real expense of a baby :)
This was the perfect choice. It was the best deal, a great location, very private feel, yet not so sequestered that i would dream of The Shining. The host was as nice a guy as you could hope for, Breakfast was perfect (delicious and held us over for a very late lunch), the proximity to scenic options or downtown Dahlonega was ideal.

I'm very glad i made this choice. 2 nights was a great choice because we could sleep in on Saturday Morning and then go hike the falls. lunch in downtown Dahlonega, a visit to a vineyard for a light dinnerish snack and then returned for some R&R with a little game-room time for something we always WISH we had time to do.

I highly recommend the Mountain Top Lodge and i sure hope they stick around for my next getaway!

Room Tip: each room has it's own allure, i recommend looking through all of them. the few extra bucks for...
1  Thank David M
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Mountain Top Lodge is an excellent choice for a place to unwind and rejuvenate. The natural setting is breathtaking. Paul, the owner and innkeeper, pays attention to every detail. I was traveling on business and had to be at an early conference each morning. He made breakfast early for me to accommodate my needs, and even sent a muffin along for a snack during the day. It was so nice to come back to the lodge at the end of the day. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a special advantage; it just depends on the type of amenities you desire. The...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Wonderful lodge to spend a weekend if you need to retreat and relax.

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend and had a great experience. The lodge itself is cozy and rustic, with a nice meeting space, kitchen, and cool upstairs loft with a flatscreen TV, couch and chair, and table with a ton of board games and puzzles. There are delicious homemade mint chocolate chip cookies in the lobby every day. Our room (number 1) was very clean, with a nice sunroom area with two chairs and sliding doors leading to a private outdoor deck. The bed is pretty hard, but ask for a mattress softener and that will do the trick. The breakfast dining room was neat and well put together, and the full-service breakfast was very good. Both mornings we had an egg dish with fresh fruit, muffins one morning and biscuits w/ condiments the other, with unlimited coffee and orange juice.

The innkeeper Paul was very pleasant and made sure we were comfortable and knew where everything was. We put a comforter under the sheets the first night to soften the bed - Paul noticed and replaced it the next day with a mattress softener, and left us a handwritten note mentioning the change and that he hoped we didn't mind. Nice touch and perfect example of true B&B hospitality.

Great place to retreat, we're spreading the word and will be back again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Recently, I was lucky enough to spend two nights at the Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega. The setting is GORGEOUS and the inn is rustic and welcoming. My room was large and from what I could see of the other rooms, they were too. They were well equipped and clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, and Paul, the innkeeper, was delightful. I would definitely stay at the lodge again. It was wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank beachbumandproud
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very nice property. Paul is very welcoming and provides a tasty breakfast, not to mention excellent coffee. Room was comfortable; bathroom is small but adequate. Our room had a door to the large wraparound deck. The views are beautiful. Less than 10 minutes from downtown Dahlonega, where there are a number of good restaurants and a nice music venue (Crimson Moon).

1  Thank Frank P
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and had a great time! The location is awesome, it's truly tucked away in the woods. It was nice and quiet, and had a game room with a TV for entertainment. Paul made a great breakfast, and we're looking forward to coming back when it's warmer to enjoy the coffee on the wrap around porch!

• Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Lily Creek Lodge
Lily Creek Lodge
#8 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega? Share your experiences!