Days Inn by Wyndham Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$81
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$89
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

The Dahlonega Square Hotel & Villas(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$120
The Smith House(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$109
$159
Travelocity
Quality Inn Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

Park Place Hotel(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$109
Travelocity
Lily Creek Lodge(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Barefoot Hills(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
$90
All reviewsprivate deckbiscuitsbed and breakfastovernight tripbreakfast was deliciousgreat chefhighly recommend this b bserene settingshort driveclose to townking size bedread a bookquiet locationa great place to staystay there againget awayan excellent host
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I travel a good bit for my job. When my husband and I take time for a getaway we often choose a bed and breakfast for the more personal touch and a bit of nostalgia. This lodge offers both. The host is very nice and accomodating. The location is lovely, quiet, and rather secluded. I enjoyed sitting on the porch and relaxing. We didn't see any deer as other reviewers had mentioned, but we did see fireflys, bunnies, and woodchucks. The breakfast was very nice but was not the usual southern fare that is served at many b&b's in Georgia. That was great for me as I enjoyed the vegetable quiche and fresh fruit and the western omelets that were served. It was not so great for my husband who really dislikes onions and peppers, but there was no option.
This is a no frills b&b. The rooms are rather small and there is no tv, but they do have wifi in the main lodge. If you choose to visit, I suggest that you ask for a room on the top floor. We stayed on the bottom floor and the noise transfer from upstairs was rather disturbing. It seemed like we could hear every time they moved or spoke. The worst noise though was from the bathroom. Every time the upstairs guest used the bathroom for whatever purpose, we heard it. The rush of water after the use of the toilet, sink, or shower sounded as though it was going to come right through the wall into the room.
The lodge was not the best b&b experience we have had, but it was clean, in a great location, and has a very pleasant host.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jpballi
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This Bed & Breakfast was clean, nicely decorated for the area and the owner was attentive to his guests needs. The dining room was located downstairs which makes it difficult for the elderly and infirm however a solution was provided by the host. The location was pretty but be sure to pay attention to the web site instructions for directions. The breakfast provided was a different quiche each day with fresh fruit and breads and was served to each guest. Again the host kindly addressed individual guests diet restrictions. The room prices were average for the area. The bathrooms were very clean but lacked a space to place personal items. The location was about 20 minutes away from the downtown area so if your looking for convenience to local attractions this may not be the place for you. I would stay there again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: staircase had very high risers so if stairs are difficult for you then absolutely stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My family and I went for a quick overnight stay in Dahlonega this weekend. We found the lodge comfortable and the staff welcoming. We enjoyed coffee in the morning on the wrap-around deck. The rooms were clean and the mattresses were very comfortable. I stayed here a year ago and would report the same findings. Last year I stayed in one of the separate houses and this year we stayed in the lodge. We will return frequently. Thank you so much for the great experience and a safe, comfortable, clean B and B.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherry T
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is truly a great getaway, quiet, restful and secluded. This has become our home away from home, clean, great food and a very hospitable innkeeper. We can't imagine spending our anniversary anywhere else. Thanks Paul for making it all it should be. We are already planning our next trip. Oh, and as someone stating it was dated, it is quiet relaxing atmosphere. If they want flashing lights and loud neighbors, they definitely need to be some other place and not at Mountain Top Lodge .

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dogshowpeeps
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I must say that I was very disappointed in the Mountain Top Lodge. In reality it is not nearly as nice as presented in the pictures. It is very dated and worn looking. The mattress was horrible unless you like very hard mattresses. I have stayed in alot of B&Bs before and this is far below what I expected for the price. On the positive side, the owner was friendly and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda J
MountainTopInnkeeper, Owner at Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

I feel that Mountain Top Lodge provides excellent value to the consumer, providing a "mountain retreat " B&B experience with a rustic and eclectic style. Each room has a unique feel and if I believe that these guests stayed in the Vt. cabin room which has several prominent and dark antiques. It has a more masculine feel to the room. Unfortunately, these guests tried to reserve another room with a completely different and feminine decor, but took this room as their second choice to ensure that they had a fireplace, jacuzzi tub and private deck overlooking the woods. It was a festival weekend and there were no available rooms at other B&Bs with similar amenities.
I have to say that I accompany all guests to their rooms, and I frequently get a response of "this is just perfect" or something similar from most guests when they see the Vt. Cabin room. However, I take the negative reviews seriously and plan to explore whether or not I can enhance the decor by changing some of the pieces since most of the facility and soft furnishings are fairly new.