“Breathtaking views and courteous staff”

Dahlonega Spa Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 9, 2014

From the moment we arrived to this happily situated resort, we were transported to a new world...a peaceful place away from the craziness of the city life. We were happy not to have a television or phones in our room. Instead we found ourselves going and exploring the resort and talking more. We went hiking and loved every minute of it. We ate breakfast at the resort and sat outside overlooking the lake and gorgeous lush view of their woods. It is close to Helen which is great! We were happy to get back from our shopping to a relaxing and beautiful place. At night, we would go downstairs and play game boards in the living room. We also danced in the main room to soft romantic music. The resort makes it very comfortable and personable for guests to feel at home and enjoy every minute of their stay. I am looking forward to going there again. It was a memorable experience! After our stay, my boyfriend proposed to me. It was that special. My fiance and I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucila L

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This resort is absolutely gorgeous. The view is spectacular. My husband and I were spending a couple of days of relaxation.....massage and hot tub!! I could not wait to get to the hot tub!! We got to the cabin after dark. The cabin was nothing special, not what you would think for $200 a night. The alarm clock came apart when touched, but other then that it was "nice". $200 "nice" ah no. We are breakfast for $12 which I expected being a resort and all but the fruit was not ripe, there was more granola than yogurt and the egs were ok.
We spent the day in dahlonega and dawsonville came back and had a wonderful massage later in the afternoon. We want and ate dinner and came back with all intentions of soaking in the enormous hot tub. Couldn't wait!!! We turned on the timer and waited about 10-15 min for it to get hot. Thinking it might take time to get hot we went to sit on the front porch. We ran into one of the guests on our way to the porch and he told us that it was missing a part and would only get to about 82 degrees. Unbelievable!!! I had talked to these people 5 or 6 times before we even arrived, checked in, ate breakfast, arranged my massage and yet not one time did they inform me about the hot tub!!! Very unprofessional. We came all the way from mississippi for all the rest and relaxation only to have the one thing (a 4 and a half foot) hot tub not working!!! I was a little peeved to say the least. I left them a letter similar to this one and I would have thought someone would have called, written or emailed and apologized but I have yet to hear anything. Very disappointing!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mspiggy69
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my first trip to the resort but definitely not my last. The setting was beautiful, the view from the wraparound porch was spectacular. The food was amazing and very healthy. It was a plus that the room had no tv or phone, I get enough of those at home. My package was for a yoga retreat and the yoga instructor, Helen, put together a blissful weekend. The room was very basic but I only lacked a bathtub and more counter space.

Room Tip: My room in the main house was quiet but I heard that the rooms in the extension to the house had thi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Georgiatrav
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The view is excellent from the main house (and it is a gorgeous house). The staff was very friendly. We stayed in Cabin 19. There wasn't anything special about the cabin, the wood floor was smooth and nice. I bet it would be great in the summer when you can open both front doors. We took our dog which was great, but the heater was really low to the ground and we were afraid that our dog might sniff it and get hurt (since it was a gas "space" heater). The bed was a bit on the hard side and the pillows were fluffy at first, but in the morning were very flat.

If you are staying for a retreat (e.g. Yoga, spa, jacuzzi, etc.) then this is a great place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RauFamily06
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I travel a lot and do have to say this was one of my top 5 vacation stays. The resort is absolutely peaceful and quiet. The rooms are so clean and perfect sized. I stayed in the main hotel and was so glad I did. I was right next to the dining area and would just wake up eat a delicious healthy meal. Definitely eat here for all meals if you have the chance you leave feeling full and satisfied with amazing quality food and service. Staff was very attentive and answered all my questions.

I did not utilize the spa as it was 20 degrees outside. Personal bathrooms were perfect in the main house, beds were comfortable and no television is a must at this place. You dont need it !

The yoga with Helen is something I feel every women and man or couple should participate in. I was there this weekend with a group of phenomenally strong women. I never knew such wonderful people existed.I laughed until my teeth hurt, smiled every morning, shared vulnerability with the other women and participated in the best guided yoga and meditation ever. At the nighttime candlelit yoga I felt like I had slept for hours and was so relaxed I couldn't make myself anxious because I felt like I was so balanced and complete. Helen needs to duplicate herself for Long Island. Will definitely be visiting this resort again.

Room Tip: I would stay in the main cabin I never missed a thing, was close to the action and was able to walk...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank merissaj
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great place to stay. Staff very hospitable. Beautiful views and very clean. Very nice area. We enjoyed everything. Bring your own hair dryer. No tv and very quiet. Great wineries in the area ***********************

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank chefjer69
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My team recently had the privilege to photograph a wedding at the resort and it was the absolute perfect setting! Very picturesque in every way and the staff did a wonderful job of helping us do our job and was very accommodating. I would highly recommend this to any couple looking for a great spot to get married or just wanting to get away.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business