“Who Needs TV With A View Like This!”

and 1 more site!
Dahlonega Spa Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Who Needs TV With A View Like This!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We hosted a wedding party at the Dahlonega Spa and it was terrific! Manager Nicole and her great team, including Sandy and the entire crew, were so friendly and helpful. We had family in from New Mexico, California and Ohio and everyone loved the quiet beauty and outstanding mountain views from the long front porch. The food was outstanding and the service terrific. Besides the beautiful lodge, the property includes a beautiful mountain trail and small cabins in the woods. One warning: do go expecting to watch your favorite TV show, as there are no TVs in the rooms (although the internet service is great). It was great to get away from the news for a weekend and visit with family. This place is a little off the beaten path but is well worth the visit if you are visiting the north Georgia mountains! You will love it!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank dra319

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I had never been to this part of the country and was in search of some rest, relaxation and great food. At the Dalonega Resort & Spa, I found all three plus beautiful scenery, exemplary service, spa and a true getaway unlike any other I have ever experienced.

This is an incredibly beautiful area which offers peace and tranquility. You can be as detached as you want but still have the comforts of small town living and wineries nearby. The resort itself is immaculate, decorated beautifully and in such a comfortable and welcoming way.

The grounds are beautiful, rolling hills with views of beautiful land. The wrap around porch has plenty or rocking chairs with blankets to relax with on crisp days.

The food: wonderful! You can tell you are having a meal cooked to order, just for you with such care and grace. Incredibly delicious and healthy, truly homemade. Hot tea is available at all hours and the selection of Yogi teas is unreal.

Rooms: we stayed room #12 in the west wing and it was incredibly charming. Cindy bed, no TV, plenty of storage and great views. Bathroom is a little small but all needed amenities are provided. The carpet could have used a cleaning and the walks are pretty thin (guest in room next to us snored like a Mack truck and we could hear it) but it was ok. Wonderful a/c unit.

The standout star of our stay was Sasha. She took the time to serve our breakfast and give us a tour of the grounds, including a tour of the cottage and private cabins. Pretty amazing! She was very professional, gracious and courteous. We also were very impressed with Gabrielle and Sandy. Kudos to all!

We will definitely be back, can't wait!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank DOC2003
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I spent two weeks at the resort for yoga training. The resort and the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and provide any amenities we required, from arranging spa treatments to coordinating housekeeping around our training schedule. Every staff member introduced themselves during the first two days and made a point to remember our names. By the end of the stay I felt like I'd gone to a friend's house rather than a bed and breakfast. for dinner, the servers made napkin art for us and without fail every candle in the dining room was lit for a very relaxed mood. I can't remember a staff member that didn't have a smile each time I saw them, lending to a positive atmosphere during a stressful training and time away from home.
The accommodations were simple and homey. We were provided with organic, natural bath products. There are no TVs in the rooms allowing you to really disconnect and be in nature and decompress. The views from the rooms are of the mountains and rolling hills. A couple miles from town, you only have the sounds of nature to drift off to sleep to. And the yoga room! Nestled in the woods, a large, wooden floor room with a newly installed heater with all the yoga props you could ask for. They also provided a tea pot so we could make tea during our discussions. The room is separate from the house so you get a different space for practicing. It was nice to have our own space to practice and meet.
Now the food. I have read a couple reviews about the food and not having enough variety. I did not find this to be the case AT ALL. For breakfast, the days we were provided a buffet, there was everything laid out from the menu for us! Literally, enough of every single item to feed everyone staying there. There were no choices because they gave us everything: omelets, scrambled eggs, fresh mixed fruit, wheat pancakes, french toast, warm maple syrup, yogurt and house made granola, breakfast turkey sausage and bacon, an ample variety of juices and jellies, coffee and a wide assortment of herbal tea. What more could I really possible want?! On the days we ordered off the menu, the chef made it clear there were no holds barred. To say they were more than accommodating is an understatement. our lunches and dinners came in courses. Lunch and dinner each included a fresh salad and homemade soup. I literally tried 28 soups during my stay and they were all delicious! Vegan and vegetarian meals were largely what was prepared for us and I never knew how creative one could get. I tried quinoa for the first time, we had eggplant and tofu several different ways, and always fresh local ingredients. We had cornish hen that was out of this world! The chefs at the resort really put a lot of thought not only into providing delicious food for us, but healthy food. I was concerned about eating all my meals at the same place, and my fears were quickly dispelled. I don't think I have eaten so well for a solid two weeks compared to the what we were provided during our stay. if you stay here or not, you really must stop by and eat in the restaurant.
Dahlonega, GA is not going to be a vacation destination for everyone. But if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle, stay in a scenic nature-filled environment, eat healthy delicious food and feel like you're staying at a friend's house rather than a B7B, Dahlonega Spa resort is the perfect place for you. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can stay on the second floor, you will have a better view of the mountains and scenery.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jefocean79
Lexington, KY
Reviewed February 1, 2013

What a fabulous place to relax and unwind. Close to the charming town of Dahlonega but far enough away to be peaceful and quiet, you can choose from lovely guest rooms in the Inn, the guest house or (as we did) stay in one of the truly luxurious log cabins which are scattered around the grounds. With a full kitchen, the cabins are a great way to save money as you can cook some of your own meals. But be sure to make a reservation at the restaurant on the grounds as well as the organic, locally sourced foods are delicious. You can read about our stay in more detail on my travel blog here: http://www.wanderlustwonder.com/2013/01/30/dahlonega-spa-resort-in-dahlonega-georgia/

Room Tip: We really loved our log cabin. It was as nice as a luxury hotel room but included a full kitchen and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kentuckygal53
Lawrenceville Georgia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've escaped to the Dahlonega Spa Resort several times and I haven't been disappointed. I would describe this as a clean, simple place to get away and experience peace, I find it difficult to leave the front porch of the main hotel. The view of the mountains is captivating. The staff I met were friendly and helpful, yet respected my longing for quiet and solitude. The food was tasty and healthy.

I've hiked the trails, rocked in the chairs on the porch, enjoyed the deck by the small pond with the dragon flies, watched the sun set from the porch and found the peace I needed to dream, to plan, to make life decisions. What are you waiting for? Go... I plan to return soon for a time of peace and prayer to bring in the New Year.

Room Tip: I've stayed in the Cottage rooms and find them comfortable, simple and spacious, especially the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Wingdreamer
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I just discovered this place and have to say that I'm in love. The property is huge and hiking was a joy. I love the rooms, simple, clean and charming. The front porch is my new go-to "happy place" if I'm stressed :-) the wind chimes are a joy to listen to and the views are amazing. I loved sitting in the rocking chair with a blanket and some tea. aaahhhh. My room was wonderful, I even had a view of the rolling hills and mountains from my room! The staff was very kind and helpful. Before I left I did the algae wrap and highly recommend it to anyone interested in a wrap. My skin is super soft. Their food was delicious and all very healthy. This is my new favorite place and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JenniferBH
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed a weekend at the Dahlonega Spa Resort and the property is absolutely gorgeous! The room and building was very clean as well. Breakfast was very average...nothing special, but it's easier to just eat there than to have to drive in town. My biggest complaint was the staff, who just wasn't very friendly...in fact just kind of stared with a blank expression....didn't exactly give me the warm fuzzies. We didn't go to there to hang with the staff, so that's okay in a way to be left alone...but just a little friendliness and happiness goes a long way. One young gentleman in particular kind of reminded me of a zombie just shuffling around with no expression. I even tried to say something to get a smile out of him and to no avail. So, if you're looking for lots of warm hospitality and people with personalities, you might want to try somewhere else. But if you want to be left alone with a good wine buzz, it could be just fine.

Room Tip: Rooms have very thin walls so if you are a "noisey person" everyone will hear you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathryn S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Dahlonega Spa Resort? Share your experiences!