“My new "happy place"”

Dahlonega Spa Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
“My new "happy place"”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I just discovered this place and have to say that I'm in love. The property is huge and hiking was a joy. I love the rooms, simple, clean and charming. The front porch is my new go-to "happy place" if I'm stressed :-) the wind chimes are a joy to listen to and the views are amazing. I loved sitting in the rocking chair with a blanket and some tea. aaahhhh. My room was wonderful, I even had a view of the rolling hills and mountains from my room! The staff was very kind and helpful. Before I left I did the algae wrap and highly recommend it to anyone interested in a wrap. My skin is super soft. Their food was delicious and all very healthy. This is my new favorite place and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JenniferBH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed a weekend at the Dahlonega Spa Resort and the property is absolutely gorgeous! The room and building was very clean as well. Breakfast was very average...nothing special, but it's easier to just eat there than to have to drive in town. My biggest complaint was the staff, who just wasn't very friendly...in fact just kind of stared with a blank expression....didn't exactly give me the warm fuzzies. We didn't go to there to hang with the staff, so that's okay in a way to be left alone...but just a little friendliness and happiness goes a long way. One young gentleman in particular kind of reminded me of a zombie just shuffling around with no expression. I even tried to say something to get a smile out of him and to no avail. So, if you're looking for lots of warm hospitality and people with personalities, you might want to try somewhere else. But if you want to be left alone with a good wine buzz, it could be just fine.

Room Tip: Rooms have very thin walls so if you are a "noisey person" everyone will hear you.
1 Thank Kathryn S
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great location for 4 of the wineries! Property is beautiful. We didn't take in any of the resort activities, mainly went for wine tastings.

We staying in the main rooms, not the cabins. The room was like a bed and breakfast room, one bed and bathroom. Nothing fancy so I think a little high priced for that but not too bad when compared to other places in the area. The walls were a little thin so you can hear your neighbor.

We only had breakfast and it was okay as well. Nothing great so again, a little high priced for nothing really special.

Hot tub was big and nice, but very hot. Almost too hot so we couldn't stay in long.

All in all, I'd stay there again because of the location. I'll probably try some place else on my next visit to see how it compares.

1 Thank eddiec1234
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I thought i had booked a room through thier website. I selected the date from thier calendar, chose from one of the two room options they gave me, then entered my full credit card information. They immediately sent me what seemed to be a confirmation email. We left the morning of the reservation and headed up to the mountains. At 1pm the day of check in, they sent me a one line email saying sorry, they were full and had no room for me. After speaking with Nicole the manger, she explained the confirmation email was actually just a confirmation that they had recieved my "room request". And that they have these types of problems with thier RezTracker system. The problem was they waited until 1pm the day of check in to contact me that they could not honor my reservation. I was already in the mountains. I never saw this resort, so I can't say if it's nice.

5 Thank Josh166
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

First, I should make a disclaimer that we were just looking for a hotel and were having a hard time since it was peak season. (Most B&Bs required a 2 night stay.) So, we didn't take advantage of the spa treatments or the yoga on the front lawn.

The property is beautiful. It's especially nice to just sit on the front porch and look out over the N Georgia mountains.

The rooms are a bit disappointing. They're clean, but nothing special, and certainly not what I'd expect in conjunction with the "Resort" title or the price of the room. It seems like the room has been relatively recently refurbished, but they could have worked on the quality a bit more. The bathroom floors are linoleum and there is only a relatively small pre-fab shower. (I don't require a tub, but I would think that many who want to go to a "spa" also want to be able to relax in a tub.)

I think the price is a bit high for the quality.

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a beautiful place to get away for some R&R. While I had a fantastic facial from Rose, I wasn't as happy with my massage. Dining on the property, it was average at best and priced too high for what it was. Doubt I will return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I just returned home from an amazing getaway at Pure Vida Spa Resort in Dahlonega, Georgia. This was my first time visiting Dahlonega and it was my first time visiting a Pure Vida property. All I can say is that everything I seeked was satisfied beyond my expectations. The rooms are immaculately clean and inviting. I loved the fact that there were no televisions or phones in the rooms also, it truly made for a relaxing weekend with no sense of time or a schedule to adhere to. The property is absolutely gorgeous!! There are beautiful walking trails wrapped around the property, a state of the art yoga studio, a spa (in which I had the best massage of my life)!! I purchased the mountain package which included breakast. The meals were delicious and very healthy (yummy vegetarian options as well ;-) If you are interested in getting off the property and venturing into the surrounding areas, there are lots of beautiful vineyards in the area for wine tasting, pictures and romantic ambiance. Drive a little further and you and venture out and explore the mountains and beautiful waterfalls which the area is known for. All in all, a place anyone will appeciate to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of our busy lives. I am so grateful to have had such a wonderful experience, I will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Dahlonega Spa Resort? Share your experiences!